The Travancore Cements Limited (TCL) was incorporated in the year 1946. The year of commencement of business was also 1946. The company started manufacture of Grey Cement in the year 1949. The licensed capacity of the plant was 50,800 tones of Cement per annum. During 1959, the company diversified into the production of white Portland Cement. The installed capacity for the production of White Cement is 30000 tonnes per annum. Till 1974, the Company was manufacturing both White Cement and Grey Cement in the same plant, distributing the production of the two, over certain periods in a year. Since 1974, the company manufactured White Cement alone, as the demand for White Cement went up.