Rajiv Gandhi Academy for Aviation Technology (RAGAAT) Thiruvananthapuram, originally established as the ?Kerala Flying Club?, was registered under the Indian Companies Act 1956 on 14.07.1959. In 1980, the name? Kerala Flying Club? was changed to Kerala Aviation Training Centre and later in 1981 the Government of Kerala brought the institution under its direct control. Subsequently with the approval of the Director General of Civil Aviation, KATC was renamed as Rajiv Gandhi Academy for Aviation Technology a Society under the title Travancore Cochin Literary Scientific and Charitable Societies Act 1955. The new set up ?Rajiv Gandhi Academy for Aviation Technology ? came into effect from 01.06.2006.