Sony India Placement Papers
Placement Papers for All Companies
Sony India Placement paper
Q1) The friction experienced by a body, when in motion, is known as
1) Arolling friction
2) dynamic friction
3) limiting friction
4) static friction
Q2) Two balls of equal mass and of perfectly elastic material are lying on the floor. One of the ball with velocity v is made to struck the second ball. Both the balls after impact will move with a velocity
Q3) The term 'force' may be defined as an agent which produces or tends to produce, destroys or tends to destroy motion.
Q4) The coefficient of restitution for elastic bodies is one.
Q5) The power rating of a resistor is __________ related to __________.
1) directly, the type of cooling used
2) indirectly, the type of material used
3) directly, its surface area
4) indirectly, the color coding
Q6) How will electrons flow through a p-channel JFET?
1) from source to drain
2) from source to gate
3) from drain to gate
4) from drain to source
Q7) Which type of signal is represented by discrete values?
A) noisy signal
Q8) Once a PAL has been programmed:
1) it cannot be reprogrammed.
2) its outputs are only active HIGHs
3) its outputs are only active LOWs
4) its logic capacity is lost
Q9) What happens to the parallel output word in an asynchronous binary down counter whenever a clock pulse occurs?
1) The output word decreases by 1.
2) The output word decreases by 2.
3) The output word increases by 1.
4) The output word increases by 2.
Q10) The data stored in a Mask ROM (MROM) is ___________.
Q11) Select the sentence or part of a sentence which is grammatically correct from the given alternatives.
1) Either the manager or his assistance failed in their duty.
2) Either the manager his assistants failed in his duty
3) Either the manager or his assistants failed in his duty
4) Either the manager nor his assistant failed in their now
Q12) Select the sentence or part of a sentence which is grammatically correct from the given alternatives.
1) He used to visit us every week but he is rarely coming duty.
2) He used to visit us every week but he is rarely comes now
3) He used to visit us every week by he has rarely come now
4) None of these
Q13) The police arrested him. Change the voice
1) The Police have arrested him
2) He is being arrested by Police
3) He was arrested by the Police
4) He has been arrested by the Police.
Q14) Hedge Hog is the name of:
Q15) Most of the letters in the English alphabet come from:
Q16) The Albatross is an important character in the poem of:
1) William Wordsworth
2) Samuel Taylor Coleridge
Q17) A Marsupial is a mammal which has:
4) Poisonous tooth
Q18) A stitch in the time saves nine means:
1) Do the stitching on your own
2) A timely act will prevent further trouble
3) Nine can be saved if you stitch properly
4) None of these
Q19) Zip code means:
1) System of control traffic
2) System of fix rates for items
3) System of simplify mail sorting
4) None of these
Q20) Effluent means:
1) Liquid waste
2) Halo effect
Q21) What will the function rewind() do?
1) Reposition the file pointer to a character reverse.
2) Reposition the file pointer stream to end of file.
3) Reposition the file pointer to beginning of that line.
4) Reposition the file pointer to beginning of file.
Q22) Input/output function prototypes and macros are defined in which header file?
Q23) Which standard library function will you use to find the last occurrence of a character in a string in C?
1) strnchar ()
2) strchar ()
3) strrchar ()
4) strrchr ()
Q24) What is stderr ?
1) standard error
2) standard error types
3) standard error streams
4) standard error definitions
Q25) Does there any function exist to convert the int or float to a string?