Number System: Solved 406 Number System Questions and answers section with explanation for various online exam preparation, various interviews, Logical Reasoning Category online test. Category Questions section with detailed description, explanation will help you to master the topic.
Number System Questions
1. The first term of an Arithmetic Progression is 22 and the last term is 11. If the sum is 66, the number of terms in the sequences are
Given: s - 66, a - 22, l - 11
The sum of Arithmetic Progression is given by
s = (n/2)(a + l)
66 = (n/2)(22 - 11)
66 = (n/2)(11)
n = (66 x 2)/11
n = 12
2. Find the number lying between 900 and 1000 which when divided by 38 and 57 leaves in each case a remainder 23.
Here, LCM of 38 and 57 is 114. Where 114 is divisible by both 38 and 57. Therefore, the required number is multiple of 114. Number divisible by 114 between 900 and 1000 is 912. Required number = 912 + 23 = 935.
3. A student was asked to divide a number by 6 and add 12 to the quotient. He, however, first added 12 to the number and the divided it by 6, getting 112 as the answer. The correct answer should have been
Let the number be X. When first added 12 to the number and then divide by 6, the answer is 112. (X + 12)/6 = 112 (X + 12) = 672 X = 672 - 12 X = 660
Therefore, when number is first divided by 6 and added by 12 we get, = (660/6) + 12 = 110 + 12 = 122.
4. A number when divided by 136, leaves remainder 36. If the same number is divided by 17, the remainder will be
If the first divisor be a multiple of the second divisor, then required number = Remainder obtained by dividing the first remainder by the second divisor. Since, 17 is a factor of 136. Therefore, 36 divided by 17 is 2.
5. The smallest number in the set of five consecutive even numbers is 1 more than the largest number in the set of six consecutive odd numbers. What is the difference between the square of the second largest even number and the square of the second smallest odd number, if the sum of the smallest odd number and second smallest even number is 75?
Let us take five consecutive even numbers x, x+2, x+4, x+6, x+8 and six consecutive odd numbers y, y +4, y +6, y +8, y+10 Given, X-y=llâ€”(l) Simplify the above equation (I) and (2), we get x=42 Required difference = (482-332)=1215
6. If 3 is added to the numerator while 1 is subtracted to the denominator ratio becomes 5 : 4 while if one is added to the denominator and 5 is subtracted from the numerator the ratio becomes 2 : 3. What is the original fraction?
Assume the fraction = a/b
Condition 1: 3 is added to the numerator while 1 is subtracted to the denominator ratio becomes 5 : 4
(a+3)/(b-1) = 5/4
4a - 5b = -17
Condition 2: 1 is added to the denominator and 5 is subtracted from the numerator the ratio becomes 2 : 3
(a+1)/(b-5) = 2/3
3a - 2b = 17
solving both the equation
a = b = 17
Fraction = 17/17
7. 1/10 of a rod is coloured red, 1/20 orange, 1/30 yellow, 1/40 green, 1/50 blue, 1/60 black and the rest is violet. If the length of the violet portion of the rod is 12.08 m, then the length of the rod is __________.
Correct Ans:16 m
Assume the total parts as 1 Other colours + Violet = 1 1 - (1/10 + 1/20 + 1/30 + 1/40 + 1/50 + 1/60) = Violet 1 - (49/200) = Violet 151/200 parts is Violet It is given that the length of the violet portion of the rod is 12.08 m Let the length of the rod be L, Therefore, 151 * L/200 = 12.08 L = 200 * 12.08/151 = 16 m Length of the rod = 16 m
8. A fraction having denominator 30 and lying between 5/8 and 7/11 is ________.
Now, when the 5/8 is simplified we get,
5/8= 0.625 (approximately 0.63)
Similarly, 7/11 = 0.63
Now considering the options,
21/30 = 0.7
20/30 = 0.67
19/30 = 0.63
18/30 = 0.6
So, a fraction that lies between 5/8 and 7/11 is 19/30
9. A fraction becomes 1/3, when 1 is subtracted from both the numerator and the denominator. The same fraction becomes 1/2, when 1 is added to both the numerator and the denominator. The sum of numerator and denominator of the fraction is __________.
Let the original fraction be x/y It is given that, (x-1)/(y-1)=1/3 = 3x â€“ 3 = y â€“ 1 = 3x â€“ y = 2 ----------(1) It is also given that, (x+1)/(y+1)=1/2 = 2x + 2 = y + 1 = 2x â€“ y = -1 ----------(2) On subtracting equation (2) from equation (1), we get (3x â€“ y) â€“ (2x â€“ y) = 2 â€“ (-1) = 3x â€“ 2x = 3 = x = 3 Replacing the value of x in equation (1), we get 3x â€“ y = z = 9 â€“ y = 2 y = 9 â€“ 2 = 7 âˆ´ Sum of numerator and denominator = x + y = 7 + 3 = 10
12. If in a three-digit number the last two digits places are interchanged, a new number is formed which is greater than the original number by 45. What is the difference between the last two digits of that number?
Let the three digit number, xyz = 100x + 10y + z
When position of second and third digit interchanged, xzy = 100x + 10z + y
According to the question,
xyz - xzy = 45
(100x + 10y + z) - (100x + 10z + y) = 45
100x + 10y + z - 100x - 10z - y = 45
9y - 9z = 45 y - z = 5
Therefore, difference between last two digit of that number is 5.
13. If 1/6 th of wall is painted blue, 1/3rd is painted yellow and remaining 9m is painted white, what is the length of the wall?
Given: 1/6 th part painted in blue and 1/3 rd part painted in yellow. Remaining part painted in white = 9m Remaining part of the wall = 1 - (1/6 + 1/3) = 1- [(1+2)/6] = 1 - (3/6) = 1 - 1/2 = 1/2 Therefore, remaining 1/2 part painted in white which is 9m. So, Length of the wall = 9 + 9 = 18m.
15. What is the unit digit of the sum of first 131 whole numbers?
Sum of first 130 numbers= 1 + 2 + 3 + ....... + 130
WKT, 1 + 2 + 3 + ......+ n = n(n + 1)/2
Here, n = 130
The sum of first 130 numbers = 130(130 + 1)/2
Therefore, unit digit of the sum of first 131 whole numbers is 5.
17. The sum of two numbers is 150. If one fourth of first number is 5 more than the one sixth part of the other number, find the smaller number.
Let the first number be x.
Therefore, second number be (150 - x).
According to the question,
1/4 th of first number = 5 more than 1/6 th of second number
x/4 = [(150 - x)/6] + 5
x/4 = (150 - x + 30)/6
x/4 = (180 - x)/6
6x = 720 - 4x
6x + 4x = 720
10x = 720
x = 72
Second number = 150 - 72 = 78
Therefore, smallest number is 72.
Are you seeking for good platform for practicing Number System questions in online. This is the right place. The time you spent in Fresherslive will be the most beneficial one for you.
Online Test on Number System @ Fresherslive
This page provides important questions on Number System along with correct answers and clear explanation, which will be very useful for various Interviews, Competitive examinations and Entrance tests. Here, Most of the Number System questions are framed with Latest concepts, so that you may get updated through these Number System Online tests. Number System Online Test questions are granted from basic level to complex level.
Why To Practice Number System Test questions Online @ Fresherslive?
Number System questions are delivered with accurate answer. For solving each and every question, very lucid explanations are provided with diagrams wherever necessary.
Practice in advance of similar questions on Number System may improve your performance in the real Exams and Interview.
Time Management for answering the Number System questions quickly is foremost important for success in Competitive Exams and Placement Interviews.
Through Fresherslive Number System questions and answers, you can acquire all the essential idea to solve any difficult questions on Number System in short time and also in short cut method.
Winners are those who can use the simplest method for solving a question. So that they have enough time for solving all the questions in examination, correctly without any tense. Fresherslive provides most simplest methods to answer any tough questions. Practise through Fresherslive test series to ensure success in all competitive exams, entrance exams and placement tests.
Why Fresherslive For Number System Online Test Preparation?
Most of the job seekers finding it hard to clear Number System test or get stuck on any particular question, our Number System test sections will help you to success in Exams as well as Interviews. To acquire clear understanding of Number System, exercise these advanced Number System questions with answers.
You're Welcome to use the Fresherslive Online Test at any time you want. Start your beginning, of anything you want by using our sample Number System Online Test and create yourself a successful one. Fresherslive provides you a new opportunity to improve yourself. Take it and make use of it to the fullest. GOODLUCK for Your Bright Future.
FreshersLive - No.1 Job site in India. Here you can find latest 2020 government as well as private job recruitment notifications for different posts vacancies in India. Get top company jobs for both fresher and experienced. Job Seekers can get useful interview tips, resume services & interview Question and answer. Practice online test free which is helpful for interview preparation. Register with us to get latest employment news/rojgar samachar notifications. Also get latest free govt and other sarkari naukri job alerts daily through E-mail.