1. A, B, C, D and E play a game of cards. A says to B, "If you give me three cards, you will have as many as E has and if I give you three cards, you will have as many as D has." A and B together have 10 cards more than what D and E together have. If B has two cards more than what C has and the total number of cards be 133, how many cards does B have ?
Clearly, we have :
B-3 = E ...(i)
B + 3 = D ...(ii)
A+B = D + E+10 ...(iii)
B = C + 2 ...(iv)
A+B + C + D + E= 133 ...(v)
From (i) and (ii), we have : 2 B = D + E ...(vi)
From (iii) and (vi), we have : A = B + 10 ...(vii)
Using (iv), (vi) and (vii) in (v), we get:
(B + 10) + B + (B - 2) + 2B = 133 5B = 125 B = 25.
2. The total of the ages of Amar, Akbar and Anthony is 80 years. What was the total of their ages three years ago ?
Correct Ans:71 years
Required sum = (80 - 3 x 3) years = (80 - 9) years = 71 years.
3. In a group of 15 people, 7 read French, 8 read English while 3 of them read none of these two. How many of them read French and English both ?
4. A father is now three times as old as his son. Five years back, he was four times as old as his son. The age of the son is :
Let son's age be x then father's age is 3x
Five years ago, father's age = 3x-5 and son's age x-5
So, 3x-5 = 4(x-5)
=> 3x-5 = 4x-20
=> x = 15
5. A is three times as old as B. C was twice-as old as A four years ago. In four years' time, A will be 31. What are the present ages of B and C ?
As from the question we have,
A = 3B --- (i)
c - 4 = 2(A+4) ---(ii)
Also, A + 4 = 31
or A = 31-4 = 27
Putting A = 27 in (i) we get
B = 9
Putting A = 27 in (ii) we get
C = 50
6. In a caravan, in addition to 50 hens, there are 45 goats and 8 camels with some keepers. If the total number of feet be 224 more than the number of heads in the caravan, the number of keepers is
Let the number of keepers be x.
Then, total number of feet = 2*50+4*45+4*8+2x
= 2x + 312
Total number of heads = 50+45+8+x = 103 + x
Now, (2x+312) = (103+x)+224
=> x = 15
7. I have a few sweets to be distributed. If I keep 2, 3 or 4 in a pack, I am left with one sweet. If I keep 5 in a pack, I am left with none. What is the minimum number of sweets I have to pack and distribute ?
The required number will be such that it leaves a reminder of 1 when divided by 2, 3 or 4 and no reminder when divided by 5. Such a number is 25 among options
8. In a class, there are 18 boys who are over 160 cm tall. If these constitute three-fourths of the boys and the total number of boys is two-thirds of the total number of students in the class, what is the number of girls in the class ?
Let the number of boys be x.
Then, 3/4 x = 18
=> x = 24
If total number of students is y, then
2/3 y = 24
=> y = 36
Number of girls in class = y - x
= 36 - 24 = 12
9. If 100 cats kill 100 mice in 100 days, then 4 cats would kill 4 mice in how many days ?
Correct Ans:100 day
10. A certain number of horses and an equal number of men are going somewhere. Half of the owners are on their horses' back while the remaining ones are walking along leading their horses. If the number of legs walking on the ground is 70, how many horses are there ?
Let number of horses = number of men = x.
Then, number of legs = 4x + 2 x (x/2) = 5x.
So, 5X = 70 or x = 14.
11. The number of boys in a class is three times the number of girls. Which one of the following numbers cannot represent the total number of children in the class ?
Let number of girls = x and number of boys = 3x.
Then, 3x + x = 4x = total number of students.
Thus, to find exact value of x, the total number of students must be divisible by 4.
12. A student got twice as many sums wrong as he got right. If he attempted 48 sums in all, how many did he solve correctly ?
Suppose boy got x sums right and 2x sums wrong,
x+2x = 48
=> 3x = 48
=> x = 16
13. At the end of a business conference the ten people present all shake hands with each other once. How many handshakes will there be altogether ?
Total number of handshakes =
9+8+7+6+5+4+3+2+1 = 45
14. First bunch of bananas has (1/4) again as many bananas as a second bunch. If the second bunch has 3 bananas less than the first bunch, then the number of bananas in the first bunch are
Let the number of bananas in the second bunch be x.
Then, the number of bananas in the first bunch
= x + 1/4 x
= 5/4 x
5/4 x - x = 3
=> 5x - 4x = 12
x = 12
Number of bananas in first bunch
= 5/4 * 12 = 15
15. Aruna cut a cake into two halves and cuts one half into smaller pieces of equal size. Each of the small pieces is twenty grams in weight. If she has seven pieces of the cake in all with her, how heavy was the original cake ?
Correct Ans:240 gm
Seven pieces consist of 6 smaller equal pieces and one half cake piece.
Weight of each small piece = 20 gm
So, total weight of the cake = 2 (20 * 6) = 240 gm
16. A group of 1200 persons consisting of captains and soldiers is travelling in a train. For every 15 soldiers there is one captain. The number of captains in the group is ?
Generally we may commit mistake of dividing 1200/15.
But out of 16 persons there is one captain.
so, it will be 1200/16 = 75
17. A shepherd had 27 sheep. All but 10 died. How many he left with ?
"All but 10 died" means all except 10 died, so he is remained with 10 sheep.
18. Reena is twice as old as Sunita. Three years ago, she was three times as old as Sunita. How old is Reena now ?
Correct Ans:12 years
Let Sunita's present age = x years
Then Reena present age = 2x years
Three years ago
(2x-3) = 3(x-3)
2x - 3 = 3x - 9
or x = 6
Reena age = 2x = 2*6 = 12 year.
19. A, B, C and D play a game of cards. A says to B. "If I give you 8 cards, you will have as many as C has and I shall have 3 less than what C has. Also if I take 8 cards from C, I shall have twice as many as D has." If B and D together have 50 cards, how many cards have A got?
If we read given question carefully, we get,
B+8 = C ---(i)
A-8 = C-3 ---(ii)
A+6 = 2D ---(iii)
B+D = 50 ---(iv)
Putting C = A -5 from (ii) into (i), we have :
B+8 = A-5 or A-B = 13 ---(v)
Putting D = 50-B from (iv) and (iii), we have :
A+6 = 100-2B or A+2B = 94 ---(vi)
Solving (v) and (vi), we get
B = 27 and A = 40
20. In a chess tournament each of six players will play every other player exactly once. How many matches will be played during the tournament ?
I. matches of first player with other 5 players
II. matches of second player with 4 players other than the first player
III. matches of third player with 3 players other than the first player and second player.
IV. matches of fourth player with 2 players other than the first player, second player and third player.
V. matches of fifth player with 1 player other than the first player, second player, third player and fourth player.
So total matches will be 5+4+3+2+1 = 15
Are you seeking for good platform for practicing Arithmetic Reasoning questions in online. This is the right place. The time you spent in Fresherslive will be the most beneficial one for you.
Online Test on Arithmetic Reasoning @ Fresherslive
This page provides important questions on Arithmetic Reasoning along with correct answers and clear explanation, which will be very useful for various Interviews, Competitive examinations and Entrance tests. Here, Most of the Arithmetic Reasoning questions are framed with Latest concepts, so that you may get updated through these Arithmetic Reasoning Online tests. Arithmetic Reasoning Online Test questions are granted from basic level to complex level.
Why To Practice Arithmetic Reasoning Test questions Online @ Fresherslive?
Arithmetic Reasoning questions are delivered with accurate answer. For solving each and every question, very lucid explanations are provided with diagrams wherever necessary.
Practice in advance of similar questions on Arithmetic Reasoning may improve your performance in the real Exams and Interview.
Time Management for answering the Arithmetic Reasoning questions quickly is foremost important for success in Competitive Exams and Placement Interviews.
Through Fresherslive Arithmetic Reasoning questions and answers, you can acquire all the essential idea to solve any difficult questions on Arithmetic Reasoning in short time and also in short cut method.
Winners are those who can use the simplest method for solving a question. So that they have enough time for solving all the questions in examination, correctly without any tense. Fresherslive provides most simplest methods to answer any tough questions. Practise through Fresherslive test series to ensure success in all competitive exams, entrance exams and placement tests.
Why Fresherslive For Arithmetic Reasoning Online Test Preparation?
Most of the job seekers finding it hard to clear Arithmetic Reasoning test or get stuck on any particular question, our Arithmetic Reasoning test sections will help you to success in Exams as well as Interviews. To acquire clear understanding of Arithmetic Reasoning, exercise these advanced Arithmetic Reasoning questions with answers.
You're Welcome to use the Fresherslive Online Test at any time you want. Start your beginning, of anything you want by using our sample Arithmetic Reasoning Online Test and create yourself a successful one. Fresherslive provides you a new opportunity to improve yourself. Take it and make use of it to the fullest. GOODLUCK for Your Bright Future.