Office of the District Judge Koraput Koraput District located in the backdrop of green valleys contemplating immaculate freshness, was established on 1st April, 1936. Decorated by forests, waterfalls, terraced valleys and darting springs, the District draws the nature loving people. The Koraput District lies at 17.4 degree to 20.7 degree North latitude and 81.24 degree to 84.2 degree east longitude. The District is bounded by Rayagada in the east, Bastar District of Chhatisgarh in the west and Nabarangpur District in the south. As far as the history of the District is concerned, the region of Koraput existed far back in the 3rd century BC when it belonged to the valiant and dreaded Atavika people. The region was ruled by several dynasties, like Satavahans, Ikshvakus, Nalas, Ganga kings and kings of Suryavanshi, who nominated the Koraput region before the arrival of British. Finally the Koraput became a District in the year 1936.