Who: Samir Cairae
What: Appointed as Vedanta’s India metals business CEO
When: 6 January 2016
Vedanta Limited on 6 January 2016 appointed Samir Cairae as Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Diversified Metals (India).
Cairae will report to Tom Albanese, CEO, Vedanta Resources Plc. Cairae will also become a member of Vedanta Executive Committee team.
The heads of Vedanta’s aluminium, copper, power and iron ore units will report to Cairae.
Who is Samir Cairae?
• Samir Cairae holds a rich experience in managing global operations across some of the most reputed corporations.
• Prior to his appointment at Vedanta, Cairae held various leadership positions at Lafarge and Schlumberger.
• He is an Electrical Engineer from IIT-Kanpur and holds a Masters in Management from the HEC School of Management, Paris.
About Vedanta Limited
• Vedanta Limited was formerly known as Sesa Sterlite/Sesa Goa Limited.
• It is one of the world’s largest global diversified natural resource majors, with operations across zinc-lead-silver, oil & gas, iron ore, copper, aluminium and commercial power.
• The company was founded in 1954, as Scambi Economici SA Goa.
• In 2007, it became a majority-owned subsidiary of Vedanta Resources Plc, listed on the London Stock Exchange.