Who: E-enabled TMS & Its Mobile app
Where: New Delhi
What: Inaugurated by Union Railway Ministry
When: 11 January 2016
Why: To bring efficiency & effectiveness in management practices
Union Railway Minister Suresh Prabhakar Prabhu on 11 January 2016 inaugurated implementation of E-enabled Track Management System (TMS) and Mobile Application of TMS on Indian Railway at Rail Bhawan in New Delhi.
Indian Railways brought in these initiatives to bring efficiency and effectiveness in management practices which involve handling of huge volumes of data statistics as well as dynamic analysis of various measurement and defects and planning, deployment of large resources.
Along with these two initiatives, the minister also inaugurated pilot implementation of Track Inventory Management System on Northern Railway to track materials inventory, construction and track machines organization in entire 225 units of Northern Railway.
Features of E-enablement of Track Management System (TMS)
• It is an important milestone in promoting e-working in civil engineering department of Indian Railways.
• It is implemented on all the 68 divisions of Indian Railways. With the implementation of this system, various activities of Track Inspection, Monitoring and Maintenance came on IT platform.
• It is the first of its kind Organization Wide Asset Management IT Application.
• It is designed for decentralization of data capturing and speedy information dissemination along with centralized data keeping and analysis.
• It will eliminate more than 100000 manual record keeping registers and make the area of working almost paperless.
• It provides alerts in the form of Short Message Services (SMS) and E-mails to all concerned officials right from Junior Engineer in field upto the Railway Board.
• Database and application servers are established in CRIS Data Center at Delhi.
• Required infrastructure like Netbooks/mini laptops along with requisite Internet connectivity/mobile data cards provided to all Junior and Senior Engineers.
Features of TMS Mobile Application
• It is developed to use the Track Management System on mobiles and tablets.
• It is very useful for senior management and for officials on the move.
• Important information and reports like includes rail fracture analysis, IMR welds, overdue Ultrasonic testing, track machine working reports & Engineering Control’s morning position are included in this application.