Who: National Web Portal
What: Launched by Union Ministry
When: 10 September 2015
Union Human Resource Development (HRD) Minister Smriti Irani on 10 September 2015 launched the National Web Portal for promotion of National Apprenticeship Scheme for Graduates, Diploma holders and 10+2 pass-outs vocational certificate holders.
The Union Ministry also released a Logo and a Slogan Sashakt Yuva, Samarth Bharat for the National Web Portal.
The Union Ministry implements the apprenticeship training scheme for one year through Board of Apprenticeship Training (BOATs)/Board of Practical Training (BOPT) located at Mumbai, Chennai, Kanpur and Kolkata.
Highlights of the National Web Portal
• This portal will enable door step delivery of service, streamlines processes and saves time for students.
• It will also offer security for women at workplace and ensure grievance redressal for the apprentice.
• It will enable viable contract for students and industry partnership.
• The web portals of regional BOATs/BOPT have been integrated and data of all the regional BOATs/BOPT has been transferred to the National Web Portal.
• It will now ensure seamless connectivity with all stake holders including students, establishments and technical institutions across the country for transparent administration through e-Governance.
• It will also be a multilingual platform which currently engages with the user in Marathi, Bengali, Tamil and Hindi.