Who: Union Government
What: Launched Tourist Infoline
When: 8 February 2016
Union government on 8 February 2016 launched the 24×7 Toll Free Tourist Infoline in 12 International Languages including Hindi and English in New Delhi.
The languages handled by the contact centers include ten International languages besides English and Hindi, namely, Arabic, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Chinese, Portuguese, Russian and Spanish.
Silent Features of the Tourist Infoline Project
• This project is being implemented by the Union Ministry of Tourism through M/s TATA BSS who have been associated with the work after open bidding process.
• This Infoline service will provide information relating to Travel and Tourism in India to the domestic and International tourists or visitors.
• And it will assist the callers with advice on action to be taken during times of distress while travelling in India and if need be alert the concerned authorities.
• The calls made by tourists both international and domestic while in India will be free of charge and can seek help and information for a hassle free experience.
• The international tourists in India and also international callers who speak the aforesaid languages will be directed to the call agents proficient in the respective language.
• This service will primarily serve those who know very little about India or about travel within India, and those who do not understand Indian systems and often not even English.