Who: Union Cabinet
What: Approved agreement between India and Egypt on Maritime Transport
When: 21 October 2015
The Union Cabinet on 21 October 2015 gave its nod to sign an agreement between India and Egypt on Maritime Transport.
The agreement will be signed on a mutually convenient date and venue
Highlights of the agreement
• It will help both the nations to encourage and facilitate the development of their maritime relationship.
• It will help both the nations to cooperate in the task of enhancing and stimulating steady growth of maritime traffic.
• Both the nations will exchange and train staff and students from various maritime establishments.
• Both the nations will exchange-of information necessary for accelerating and facilitating the flow of commercial goods at sea and at ports.
• Both the nations will establish joint ventures in the fields of maritime transportation, shipbuilding and repairs, maritime training, information technology including development of simulators, port facilities and related maritime activities, etc.