What: Won Best First Foreign Film award by FSCC
When: 1 February 2016
Indian film-maker Kanu Behl directorial Titli on 1 February 2016 bagged the Best First Foreign Film Award conferred by the French Syndicate of Cinema Critics 2016 (FSCC).
Titli has earlier won at various international film festivals at places like Bordeaux, Hawaii, New York, Turkey and Spain.
• Titli is a 2015 Bollywood drama film written and directed by Kanu Behl, co-produced by Dibakar Banerjee Productions Pvt. Ltd and Aditya Chopra under the banner of Yash Raj Films.
• It features actors Ranvir Shorey, Amit Sial, Shashank Arora, Lalit Behl and Shivani Raghuvanshi in the lead roles.
• The story of the movie revolves around Titli, the youngest member of a violent car-jacking brotherhood, who plots a desperate bid to escape the family business.
About French Syndicate of Cinema Critics
• The French Syndicate of Cinema Critics awards four prestigious prizes each year including Best French Film, Best International Film, Best First Foreign Film and Best Short Film.
• It also organizes each year the International Critics’ Week, the oldest parallel competitive section of the Cannes Film Festival.