What: Became world’s most powerful IT Services brand
When: Announced on 3 February 2016
Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) on 3 February 2016 announced that it has been rated as the World’s Most Powerful Brand in IT Services by Brand Finance, the world’s leading brand valuation firm.
Scoring highly on a wide variety of measures such as familiarity, loyalty, staff satisfaction and corporate reputation, TCS emerged as the IT services industry’s most powerful brand with a score of 78.3 points earning it an AA+ rating.
TCS is also the fastest growing brand within its industry over the last six years. The company’s overall brand value has increased from $2.34 billion US dollars in 2010 (when the first evaluation of the TCS brand was conducted) to 9.04 billion US dollars in 2016, which shows a growth rate of 286 per cent.
Key highlights of Brand Finance Global 500 2016 Report
• Disney is the world’s most powerful brand
• Despite slowing sales, Apple is the world’s most valuable brand
• Volkswagen brand value falls by $12 billion US dollars following emissions scandal
• 4 of the 10 fastest growing brands are Chinese
• Strongest brands’ shares outperform the S&P 500 average
The World’s Most Powerful Brands (Top 10)
About Brand Finance
• Brand Finance is the world’s leading brand valuation and strategy consultancy.
• The company provides clarity to marketers, brand owners and investors by quantifying the financial value of brands.
• It was founded in 1996 by David Haigh.