Who: Extension of Delhi Metro Line till Faridabad
What: Prime Minister Modi inaugurated it
When: 6 September 2015
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi on 6 September 2015 inaugurated the extension of Delhi Metro connecting Badarpur to Escorts Mujesar in Faridabad.
- This extension till Faridabad, an industrial hub in Haryana would allow hassle-free travel for around two lakh daily commuters between the national capital and the industrial hub in Haryana.
- The total cost of the project from Badarpur to Escorts Mujesar was to the tune of 2500 crore rupees.
- Out of this, 1557 crore rupees was borne by the Haryana Government, while 537 crore rupees was contributed by the Union Government and 400 crore rupees was spent by Delhi Metro.
- The Badarpur-Escorts Mujesar line comprises of nine stations. These are Sarai, NHPC Chowk, Mewala Maharajpur, Sector-28, Badkal Mor, Old Faridabad, Neelam Chowk Ajronda, Bata Chowk and Escorts Mujesar. All these are elevated and located on either side of the Delhi-Mathura Road (NH-2).