What : Personalised take away bedrolls scheme
Who : Indian Railways
When : February 07,2016
Shri Suresh Prabhakar Prabhu, Union Minister of Railways during a grand function held at East Tambaram Railway Colony Ground in Tambaram, Chennai yesterday i.e. 07.02.2016 (Sunday) launched various Railways project/schemes which also included ‘Personalised take away bedrolls scheme’
Initially, the supply would be at Chennai Central Railway Station and Thiruvananthapuram Central Railway Station of Southern Railway. Later, this scheme will be extended to other stations also in the country in phases .
Salient features of e-Bedrolls:
- Bedrolls are disposable. Hence, passengers can take them home after journey.
- Type 1 – Bedroll kit packed in a non-woven fabric bag consisting of two cotton bedsheets and one pillow at a cost of Rs.140.
- Type 2 – Blanket kit packed in a non-woven bag consisting of one blanket at a cost of Rs.110.
- Cost is inclusive of all taxes and uniform across stations over Indian Railways.
- Any passenger having a valid confirmed ticket for travel from Chennai Central railway station or Thiruvananthapuram Central railway station can book the bedroll kit – either type 1 or type 2 or both together.
- Booking available at www.irctctourism.com under the tab Bedrolls.
- Bedrolls can also be purchased across the designated counter at the stations by paying cash.
- Website asks for PNR number, validates the same and shows information on availability, cost etc.
- Passenger can book the required bedroll kits and pay through credit / debit / pre-charged cards.
- Booking will be confirmed at the website and also through e-mail and SMS.
- Bank charges for the transaction to be borne by the customer.
- Bedrolls service available between 06.00 hrs. to 22.00 hrs.
- In case of trains running late and reaching the designated station between 22.00 hrs. to 06.00 hrs., bedrolls will not be delivered and treated as non-delivery by IRCTC.
- In case of non-delivery by IRCTC, 100% charges for the service would be refunded to the pasenger’s account. (Refund will not include bank charges for booking transaction).
- Advance reservation period – from 60 days before day of travel to up to five hours before scheduled departure of train.
- A toll free number – 1323 – will give information about the kits, cost and availability.
Cancellation / Amendment:
- Cancellation / Amendment of orders through www.irctctourism.com with the registered ID.
- Refund amount will be credited to the card account through which the original booking was made.
- Cancellation / amendment before five hours of scheduled departure will incur cancellation charge of 20%
- Cancellation / Amendment within five hours of scheduled departure – no refund.
- Passengers not permitted to resell the bedrolls after use.
- Queries and feedback – 1323 toll free (information); 011-2334 5300 (round the clock) [email protected]