PAN Card Status can be checked by all the applicants through the online portals set up by the Income Tax Department. PAN Card Status could be tracked either through the UTI portal or the NSDL portal. Detailed information on how to track the PAN Card Status are explained in this article.
What is Pan Card Status?All the salaried people and people whose earnings exceed the no-tax limits can apply for the PAN card. People will be able to file their income tax returns only using the PAN Card. Once the applicant has applied for the PAN, he/she can check the status of the PAN Card through the online mode. On completion of the applying process, the applicant would receive an acknowledgement number which is known as the Application Coupon Number, which should kept safe for further activities like the status check or correction updation, etc.
With the improvement in the technology, all the tasks are becoming much easier. Likewise, the applying for any identity proof or checking its status is performed online nowadays. This can be done either in UTI or NSDL portal which is introduced by Indian Income Tax Department. All one need is the acknowledgement number and date of birth that is provided at the time of applying for a PAN. You can always check the status of your PAN using the below given links.
How to Track Pan Card Status via UTI Portal?One can track the Pan Card Application Status using the online method through the UTI Infrastructure Technology and Services Limited official portal. Below are the steps to be followed to check the PAN Card Status.
- Visit the UTI portal.
- Enter the Application Coupon Number or the PAN number.
- Enter the captcha code.
- Enter “Submit” to check the PAN Status.
- The details are processed and the PAN Status is displayed.
How to Track Pan Card Status via NSDL Portal?The PAN Card applicant can track the PAN Status through the nsdl portal easily by following the given step-by-step procedure.
- Visit the NSDL portal.
- Choose the application type as ”New PAN”.
- Enter the acknowledgement number which is given at the time of application process.
- Enter the captcha image.
- Click “Submit” to check the Status of the PAN Card.
- The status of the PAN Card is displayed.
How to Check PAN Card Status without Acknowledgement Number?
One need not panic if you had missed the PAN card acknowledgement number. NSDL provides many ways to check the status of your PAN card. To check PAN card status without the acknowledgement number, you will need the date of birth details. Here is the list of steps to be followed to check PAN Card Status without acknowledgement number.
● Visit the NSDL website.
● Choose the application type as “PAN - New / Change Request”
● Enter your name and date of birth.
● Submit the details to view the PAN card status.
Once the details requested for PAN Card Status Check are entered in the online portal, the applicant will be taken through the Status result page. The following details are displayed in the result page.
What are the Details Displayed in Pan Card Status Result Page?
- Name of the applicant
- Application type
- Application Coupon Number
What is PAN?PAN is a Permanent Account Number and is a combination of letters and numbers. This is an alphanumeric 10-digit number issued by the Income Tax Department of India. This PAN Card serves as a valid identity proof of the people.
Details Available in PANThe PAN Card is a proof of identity and it has the following details printed on it.
- Name of the applicant
- Date of birth
- Father’s Name
- Permanent Account Number
- Photo of the applicant
What are the Benefits of Having PAN Card?PAN Card has many benefits for both the people and the Indian Government. Some of the benefits are as follows.
- PAN Card serves as the proof of Identity of the people and can be used in many places to avail many services like bank account opening, purchasing a mobile sim card, purchasing any item which exceeds specified limits, etc.
- PAN Card is used for filing income tax returns.
- For performing banking transactions exceeding Rs.50000, PAN Card is required.
Usage of PAN CardThe usage of PAN Card is vast and is widely used for almost all financial activities. Some of the situations where the PAN Card is a must are given below.
- To open a bank account and transact more than Rs.50000, one should mandatorily link PAN card with their bank accounts.
- One can purchase land, flats, new car or items which exceed specified limits, only with furnishing the PAN Card number.
- For filing income returns, one should necessarily need a PAN Card.
- Any individual who join for a salaried job must have a PAN Card.
Home Loan related Articles
Personal Loan related Articles
GST related Articles
CIBIL related Articles
Two Wheeler Loan related Articles
Gold Loan related Articles
Mudra Loan related Articles
Business Loan related Articles
Car Loan related Articles
Education Loan related Articles
PAN Card related Articles
RRB related Articles
HDFC Loan Status related Articles
Passport related Articles
Link Aadhar With Bank Account related Articles
AADHAR CARD related Articles
Link Aadhar With OTHERS related Articles
Link Aadhar With Mobile Number related Articles
- How to Link Aadhar to BSNL Mobile Number Online
- How to Link Aadhar to Axis Bank Account
- How to Link Aadhar Card to Oriental Bank Account
- How to Link Aadhar to United Bank of India Account
- How to Link Aadhar Card to Dena Bank Account
- How to Link Aadhar Card to Syndicate Bank Account
- How to Link Aadhar Card to UCO Bank Account
- How to Link Aadhar Card to Indian Overseas Bank Account
- How to Link Aadhar Card to IDBI Bank Account
- How to Link Aadhaar Card with Allahabad Bank Account
- PAN Card Correction
- PAN Card Application
- PAN Card Details
- PAN Card Form
- UTI PAN Card Status
- Pan Card
- Know Your PAN
- Pan Card Online