Who: Central Press Accreditation Committee
What: Reconstituted by Ministry of Information & Broadcasting
When: 19 October 2015
The Ministry of Information and Broadcasting on 19 October 2015 reconstituted the Central Press Accreditation Committee (CPAC) that issues Press Information Bureau (PIB) cards to journalists.
Post reconstitution, PIB director general Frank Noronha will be the ex-officio chairman of the committee.
Renowned journalists included in the the committee are:
• Pramod Kumar of National Union of Journalists (India), International Federation of Journalists
• Surendra Verma of Association of Accredited News Cameraman
• Shyam Babu of Indian Federation of Working Journalists
• Rabi Rath from Association of Small and Medium Newspapers of India
• Meenakshi Pandit from All India Journalists Welfare Association
The nominated members for the committee are:
• Navika Kumar from Times Now
• Diwakar Asthana from The Times of India
• Coomi Kapoor from Indian Express
• Jayanto Ghoshal from ABP
• Amitabh Sinha from IBN-7 TV
• Akhilesh Sharma from NDTV
• Kalyan Barua from Assam Tribune
• Iftikhar Geelani from DNA
• Nistula Hebbar from The Hindu
• Shekhar Iyer from Deccan Herald
The tenure of the CPAC will be for a period of two years from the date of its first meeting.