mAadhaar App is the application introduced by the UIDAI to help the residents to access their Aadhar card information on their smartphones. One can utilise this mAadhaar App to have their Aadhar Card very handy and is a free of cost application. Detailed information on the mAadhaar and its benefits, procedure to install the application and other related details are given in the following content.
Introduction to mAadhaar App
Aadhar card being a very important ID proof, it is necessary that all the residents have it with them. Because of its increased need, UIDAI has introduced a feature named as mAadhaar app for helping the people to have it handy. mAadhaar app can be downloaded in the smartphones. One should have a smartphone and internet access to install maadhaar app in their smartphones. UIDAI allows the residents of India to carry all the Aadhar information along with them through the introduction of mAadhaar application. mAadhaar App can be installed at free of cost. Users should enter the password every time they open the mAadhaar app to ensure security. mAadhaar application can be installed in smartphone which use the interface of Android 5 and above.
What is mAadhaar and what are the Details in mAadhaar?
mAadhaar is the mobile version of the physical Aadhar card. It carries all the information such as in the physical Aadhar card. If the cardholder is asked for the Aadhar card to avail any service, the mAadhaar can be used. Also mAadhaar can be used as ID proof for travelling in Indian Railways. The following are the details present in the mAadhaar.
- Name as in the Aadhar card
- Aadhar number of the cardholder.
What is the Procedure to Download mAadhaar app?
mAadhaar app can be installed only in the smartphones. mAadhaar application seems to be very helpful for the people. Downloading mAadhaar application in the smartphones is a very simple process. The mAadhaar app can be downloaded on the cardholder’s smartphone by following steps.
For android smartphone users, the user can open the “Play Store” app in their phones directly. Otherwise, the users can also visit play store website to download the play store application.
- Open the play store app.
- In the search box, type mAadhaar and choose search.
- Select the “mAadhaar UIDAI” and press the “install” button.
- Open the mAadhaar app, once the installation gets completed.
- The page will prompt the user to create the password before importing the Aadhar details.
- Enter the password containing at least 8 characters including 1 special character, 1 numeric digit and 1 capital letter.
- Re-enter the password to confirm it.
How to Link Aadhar number in the mAadhaar app?
The user can link his/her Aadhar number with the mAadhaar app to view all the Aadhar details in the smartphone. Aadhaar information provided in the physical Aadhar card are displayed in the mAadhaar app immediately after linking Aadhar number. After linking, one can carry their Aadhar Card in the form of mAadhaar anywhere you go. Follow the below steps to link the Aadhar number with the mAadhaar app, after downloading the mAadhaar app.
- Open the mAadhaar app.
- Enter the Aadhar number details or the user can also scan the QR code available in the Aadhar card.
- Choose the “verify” button after entering the details.
- The details provided are verified and once the details match, the OTP password is sent to the registered mobile number.
- The app has a feature that it automatically takes the password sent to the registered mobile number.
- Once the OTP is loaded in the space, the Aadhar details are visible on the screen.
How to view the profile in the mAadhaar app?
Cardholders’ Aadhar details can be viewed in the profile page in mobile Aadhar application. Initially the Aadhar profile must be created in the mAadhaar app to use it. To create profile, one should have to provide the details like name, aadhar number,etc as provided during the Aadhar enrolment. Follow the steps given below to create and view the Aadhar profile in mAadhaar app. .
- Open the mAadhaar app on the smartphone.
- Press the “Profile” button.
- Enter the password in the given space.
- The Aadhar details like name, address, Aadhar number, gender and photo will be visible on the profile page.
What are the Benefits of mAadhaar app?
The main advantage of mAadhaar app will be that the cardholder need not carry physical document all the time. The chances of damage being created on the physical Aadhar card for carrying it everywhere can be avoided. One can keep the physical Aadhar card safe at home, by using mAadhaar at other places. All the details in the Aadhar card will be available in the mAadhaar profile. mAadhaar follows time-based one time password or also known as TOPT feature and it enhances security. mAadhaar app helps to complete the KYC details for performing any banking transaction or any other services. Users can provide KYC through message or email service easily with the help of mAadhaar. One can lock and unlock their biometric information in just click through mAadhaar app.
What is the Procedure to Lock and Unlock the Biometrics on mAadhaar?
The biometric details can be locked and unlocked as well in the mAadhaar app. This is to ensure security and privacy of the user’s biometric details. To keep the biometric details secured, the user can lock the details when using unreliable websites.
Locking the biometric details
Once the Aadhar number is linked to the mAadhaar app, the user must enter the password to login the app. From the drop down menu, choose “preferences “option. Choose the checkbox “Enable Biometrics Lock” and click “save changes” button to lock the biometric details.
Unlocking the biometric details
To unlock the biometric details, the user must login the mAadhaar app and choose “preferences” option from the drop down menu. Click “Unlock Biometrics” and save changes. This unlocks all the biometric information.
How to Reset Password in mAadhaar app?
mAadhaar app provides their users with a feature to change their password at any time. The user can also reset their mAadhaar app password in case the user had forgotten the password. Resetting the password in mAadhaar app is easy. Follow the below given procedure to change the mAadhaar app password.
- Open the mAadhaar app.
- Choose the “Reset password” button in the open page.
- Enter the new password to change the password.
- For authentication, the OTP password may be sent to the user.
- OTP will be sent only to the registered mobile number.
- Once the details match, the new password will be created.
How to Delete mAadhaar profile?
One need not worry if you no longer use any Aadhar profile in the mAadhaar app. You can delete it instantly. There are situations when you need to delete it due to change of smartphone or any other reason. Again you can recreate the profile whenever you need it. The user can delete the mAadhaar profile by following the below steps.
- Open the mAadhaar app.
- In the drop down menu, choose “Delete profile”.
- The user will be asked for the password for authentication.
- If the details match, the profile will be deleted.
More information on mAadhaar app
The mobile number which is registered during the Aadhar enrolment process must be used for using the mAadhaar app. This is because the TOPT will be automatically taken from the registered mobile number during the process of creating the profile in the mAadhaar app. mAadhaar TOPT is valid for 30 seconds. The user must not open other applications while using this mAadhaar app to enhance security. Users can also share the QR code in required places instead of sharing the data. The user can have access to only three profiles on the mAadhaar app in one smartphone.
Limitations of mAadhaar
Though the mAadhaar has many benefits, it also has its own limitations. UIDAI has provided many features for security, but still if the user loses his/her smartphone, there are chances for Aadhar details and other personal details to become insecure. mAadhaar app is not supported in all the mobile phones. So people who do not have smartphones cannot enjoy the benefits of mAadhaar. mAadhaar requires mobile data or internet connected for using it and one cannot use it offline, so it involves expense. Right now iPhone users cannot access mAadhaar, it is quite difficult for them.
ATM Transcations - RBI related Articles
Whatsapp Messenger related Articles
Virat Kohli Hits a century related Articles
Reliance Jio related Articles
CIBIL related Articles
GST related Articles
Passport related Articles
Reliance Jio GigaFiber related Articles
Two Wheeler Loan related Articles
HDFC Loan Status related Articles
Gold Loan related Articles
Business Loan related Articles
Car Loan related Articles
Education Loan related Articles
Mudra Loan related Articles
Personal Loan related Articles
Home Loan related Articles
PAN Card related Articles
RRB related Articles
Paytm Payments Bank related Articles
Vodafone Idea related Articles
Link Aadhar With Bank Account related Articles
AADHAR CARD related Articles
Link Aadhar With OTHERS related Articles
Link Aadhar With Mobile Number related Articles
- Aadhar Card
- Aadhar Card Status Check
- Aadhar Card Download
- Aadhar Card Update Correction
- Pan Card Link Aadhar Card
- e-Aadhar Card Download
- Aadhar Card Application
- Aadhar Card Enquiry
- Aadhar Card Verification
- Aadhar Enrollment Center
- How to Get Duplicate Aadhaar Card
- How to Lock and Unlock Biometrics in Your Aadhar Card
- Aadhar Card for Children
- Aadhar Card for a Non-Resident Indian
- Aadhaar Virtual ID
- How to Reapply for Aadhar Card
- How to Get Lost Aadhar Card
- How to Apply for Aadhar without Any Documents
Link Aadhar With BANK
- Aadhar Card Link to Bank Account
- How to Link Aadhar to Axis Bank Account
- How to Link Aadhar Card to Oriental Bank Account
- How to Link Aadhar to United Bank of India Account
- How to Link Aadhar Card to Dena Bank Account
- How to Link Aadhar Card to Syndicate Bank Account
- How to Link Aadhar Card to UCO Bank Account
- How to Link Aadhar Card to Indian Overseas Bank Account
- How to Link Aadhar Card to IDBI Bank Account
- How to Link Aadhaar Card with Allahabad Bank Account
- How to Link Aadhar to Union Bank of India Account
- How to Link Aadhar to Canara Bank Account
- How to Link Aadhar with Indian Bank Account
- How to Link Aadhar to Vijaya Bank Account
- How to Link Aadhar to Bank of India Account
- How to Link Aadhar Card with Corporation Bank Account
- How to Link Aadhar Card to Andhra Bank Accounthow-to-link-aadhar-card-to-andhra-bank-account
- How to Link Aadhar to Citibank Account
- How to Link Aadhar to Bank of Baroda
- How to Link Aadhar to Bank of Maharashtra Account
- How to Link Aadhar to Central Bank of India Account
- How to Link Aadhar to HDFC Bank Account
- How to Link Aadhar to PNB Bank Account
- How to Link Aadhar to ICICI Bank Account
- How to Link Aadhar to Kotak Mahindra Bank Account
- How to Link Aadhar to SBI Bank Account
- How to Link Aadhar to IRCTC Account