What : Interceptor boat ICGS C-422 commissioned into Indian Coast Guard Service
When: 29th November 2015
Interceptor boat ICGS C-422 commissioned into Indian Coast Guard Service on 29th November 2015 in Bay of Bengal as launched/inaugurated by Speaker of Puducherry V. Sabapathy.
Indian Coast Guard has commissioned interceptor boat ‘ICGS C-422’ into its fleet to further enhance its vigil along Pondicherry and South Tamil Nadu coast in the Bay of Bengal.
- It was commissioned in a traditional ceremony held at Karaikal port in Tamil Nadu by Puducherry Assembly Speaker V Sabapathy.
About ICGS C-422
- ICGS C-422 is the 36th interceptor boat to be inducted into the Coast Guard service.
- The boat is capable of multiple tasks including interdiction, surveillance and search and rescue.
- It has been fitted with state-of-the-art communication, navigational equipment along with adequate fire power.
- Presently, Indian Coast Guard has two fast patrol vessels ICGS Rani Durgavati and ICGS Ameya along with two interceptor boats C-428 and C-415 stationed at Karaikal port.