Who: Indian boxer Vikas
Where: Bangkok, Thailand
What: won silver medal in 75 kg category at 2015 Asian Boxing Championships
When: 5 September 2015
- Indian boxer Vikas Krishan (75kg) on 5 September 2015 won the silver medal in the 2015 Asian Boxing Championships. In the summit clash at Bangkok, Thailand, Vikas was defeated 0-2by reigning Youth Olympic champion Bektemir Melikuziev of Uzbekistan.
- With Vikas’ silver, India finished their campaign with one silver and three bronze medals. L Devendro Singh (49kg), Shiva Thapa (56kg) and Satish Kumar (+91kg) won the bronze medals.
- Overall, India with 16 points finished off the campaign with creditable fourth among the record 28 countries which participated in the Asian Boxing Championships.
- The top three table-toppers were Kazakhstan (42 points), Uzbekistan (38 points) and hosts Thailand (17 points) respectively.
- Also, six Indians made the cut for October 2015 World Championships, the first qualifying event for the Rio 2016 Olympics. Besides the medallists, the other two who qualified for the world event were Manoj Kumar (64kg) and Madan Lal (52kg).