Who: Four female umpires for ICC Women’s World Twenty20 Qualifier
What: Appointed by ICC
When: 25 November 2015
The International Cricket Council (ICC) on 25 November 2015 announced that four female match officials have been selected for the ICC Women’s World Twenty20 Qualifier 2015.
The ICC Women’s World Twenty20 Qualifier 2015, to be held in Bangkok, Thailand, will start from 28 November 2015. It will end on 5 December 2015.
About the four female umpires
• New Zealand’s Kathleen Cross, Australia’s Claire Polosak, England’sSue Redfern and West Indies’ Jacqueline Williams are the four names selected for the ICC Women’s World Twenty20 Qualifier.
• New Zealander Cross became the first woman to be named in an ICC umpires’ panel when she was added to the ICC Associate and Affiliate panel of umpires in 2014.
• Australia’s Polosak is the youngest official at the tournament. She recently made history when she was appointed as third umpire for the Matador One-Day Cup to become the first female to officiate in a List A Australian competition.
• England’s Redfern had appeared in six Tests and 15 ODI’s from 1995 to 1999, including featuring in the ICC Women’s Cricket World Cup in 1997.
• West Indies’ Williams recently made her international debut. She stood in the first One-day and first Twenty20 Internationals during the Pakistan Women’s Tour of the West Indies.