UIDAI had set up a feature for locking and unlocking the cardholders’ biometric information. Aadhar Lock and Unlock Biometrics information in Aadhar Card can be done through Online mode or using the mobile application. One can go through the following content to have a detailed knowledge of How to Lock and Unlock Biometrics in Aadhar Card.
Different Methods to Lock and Unlock Biometrics in Aadhar Card
The biometric information which is provided by the applicant at the time of Aadhar enrolment can be later locked or unlocked for security purposes. This special feature is to secure the biometric authentication by locking the data of the resident. The data remains locked till the Aadhar cardholder choose to disable the locking system. This can be done through the following methods.
- Through Online Mode
- Through mAadhar App
How to Lock and Unlock Biometrics through Online Mode?
Biometric information can be locked or unlocked through online. This can be done instantly with the help of the internet. Locking the biometrics ensures security to the data of the cardholders. The following steps are to be undergone to lock or unlock the biometric details.
- Visit the UIDAI official website.
- Under the Aadhar services, choose “Lock/Unlock Biometrics”.
- Enter the Aadhar number, security code and click “Send OTP”.
- The OTP is received on the applicant’s registered mobile number.
- Enter the OTP in the given space.
- Click "Lock" to lock the biometric details permanently until it is disabled again.
How to Lock and Unlock Biometrics using mAadhar App?
Biometric information in the Aadhar can be locked and unlocked in mAadhar application. One needs a smartphone and wifi or mobile data to access internet for the purpose of locking or unlocking the unique biometrics through mAadhar App. mAadhar application can be downloaded from the play store app in the smartphones. One can follow the below steps to lock/unlock the biometric information.
- Download the mAadhar app from the play store app on the Android smartphones.
- Login with the Aadhar number.
- The OTP is received on the registered mobile number.
- Enter the OTP in the given space and create a password.
- Choose “Biometric Lock” on the right top corner.
- Enter the password to lock/unlock the biometrics.
- Once the biometrics are locked, no one can unlock it without the unique password generated by the applicant.
What is Biometric Information?
Biometric information consists of the finger impressions, iris capturing, face capturing, etc. For Aadhar card enrolment, the applicants must necessarily provide their biometric and demographic information. The applicant’s photograph, iris, ten fingerprints are all captured for making this Aadhar Card a unique identity. Biometric information is captured using a device which consists of all the specifications given by the UIDAI authority. Aadhar Biometrics once provided during enrollment cannot be changed. But in case of Aadhar Enrollment for children, the biometrics is not collected. Only their photo is collected. At their age 5, children biometrics must be updated. Again when they reach an age of 15 years, their biometrics should be updated and is saved for always.
What is the Procedure to Download mAadhar App?
m-Aadhar app can be installed only on the smartphones. m-Aadhar seems to be very helpful for the people. Downloading mAadhar application in the smartphones is a very simple process. mAadhar app can be downloaded on the cardholder’s smartphone by following steps.
- For Android smartphone users, the user can open the “Play Store” app on their phones directly. Otherwise, the users can also visit this website for Play Store to download the play store application.
- Open the play store app.
- In the search box, type mAadhar and choose search.
- Select the “mAadhar UIDAI” and press the “install” button.
- Open mAadhar app, once the installation gets completed.
- The page will prompt the user to create the password before importing the Aadhar details.
- Enter the password containing at least 8 characters including 1 special character, 1 numeric digit and 1 capital letter.
- Re-enter the password to confirm it.
What is Temporary and Permanent Biometrics Unlocking?
Biometric data can be unlocked either temporarily or permanently. The applicant can make this choice in the biometric settings in the cardholders’ Aadhar profile. The biometric data will be unlocked for about 10 mins when cardholder chooses for temporary unlocking. Permanent biometrics unlocking means the data will be unlocked permanently. In case of permanent unlocking of biometric information, the choice gets activated only after 6 hours of authentication. The unlocking of the biometric data is same as the procedure followed to lock the biometrics. When the biometric data is locked, then it can be unlocked by using the password which is generated by the cardholder.
What are Benefits of Lock and Unlock Biometrics?
One can keep their biometric information very safe and secure by using the locking and unlocking feature. This is the unique feature provided by the UIDAI for enhancing security. Some of the benefits of locking and unlocking biometrics are listed below.
- Any of the biometric data of the Aadhar card holder can never be misused by anyone.
- With the help of this feature, there is no chance of any fraudulent practices that can take place to misuse the biometric data,
- Even the cardholder cannot access his/her Aadhar profile at any unknown browsing centers.
- All the information saved with UIDAI database are safe and secure.
What are the Limitations of Lock and Unlock Biometrics?
Though this feature has lots of security benefits, it has its own limitations. The permanent unlock feature gets activated only after 6 hours of authentication and if cardholders need the data to be unlocked immediately, it is possible only for 10 mins and it again gets locked. The cardholders’ may by chance forget the already generated password. This makes locking and unlocking process quite difficult.
Reliance Jio GigaFiber related Articles
Passport related Articles
CIBIL related Articles
Two Wheeler Loan related Articles
HDFC Loan Status related Articles
Gold Loan related Articles
Business Loan related Articles
Car Loan related Articles
Education Loan related Articles
Mudra Loan related Articles
Personal Loan related Articles
Home Loan related Articles
PAN Card related Articles
RRB related Articles
GST related Articles
Link Aadhar With Bank Account related Articles
AADHAR CARD related Articles
Link Aadhar With OTHERS related Articles
Link Aadhar With Mobile Number related Articles
- Aadhar Card
- Aadhar Card Status Check
- Aadhar Card Download
- Aadhar Card Update Correction
- Pan Card Link Aadhar Card
- e-Aadhar Card Download
- mAadhar App
- Aadhar Card Application
- Aadhar Card Enquiry
- Aadhar Card Verification
- Aadhar Enrollment Center
- How to Get Duplicate Aadhaar Card
- Aadhar Card for Children
- Aadhar Card for a Non-Resident Indian
- Aadhaar Virtual ID
- How to Reapply for Aadhar Card
- How to Get Lost Aadhar Card
- How to Apply for Aadhar without Any Documents
Link Aadhar With BANK
- How to Link Aadhar to HDFC Bank Account
- How to Link Aadhar to Bank of Maharashtra Account
- How to Link Aadhar to Bank of Baroda
- How to Link Aadhar to Citibank Account
- How to Link Aadhar Card to Andhra Bank Accounthow-to-link-aadhar-card-to-andhra-bank-account
- How to Link Aadhar Card with Corporation Bank Account
- How to Link Aadhar to Bank of India Account
- How to Link Aadhar with Indian Bank Account
- How to Link Aadhar to Canara Bank Account
- How to Link Aadhar to Union Bank of India Account
- How to Link Aadhaar Card with Allahabad Bank Account
- How to Link Aadhar Card to Indian Overseas Bank Account
- How to Link Aadhar Card to UCO Bank Account
- How to Link Aadhar Card to Syndicate Bank Account
- How to Link Aadhar to United Bank of India Account
- How to Link Aadhar Card to Oriental Bank Account
- How to Link Aadhar to Axis Bank Account
- How to Link Aadhar to PNB Bank Account
- How to Link Aadhar to Central Bank of India Account
- How to Link Aadhar to Vijaya Bank Account
- How to Link Aadhar Card to IDBI Bank Account
- How to Link Aadhar to IRCTC Account
- How to Link Aadhar to SBI Bank Account
- How to Link Aadhar to Kotak Mahindra Bank Account
- How to Link Aadhar to ICICI Bank Account
- How to Link Aadhar Card to Dena Bank Account
- Aadhar Card Link to Bank Account