Duplicate Aadhar Card is equivalent to real physical Aadhar card issued by UIDAI. Duplicate Aadhar Card can be downloaded by residents of the country from its official website any number of times and the UIDAI has given this valuable facility. More elaborate details on how to obtain duplicate Aadhar Card and Advantages of duplicate Aadhar Card are explained in the below content.
Different Methods to Get Duplicate e-Aadhar Card
The unique identification Aadhar card is an essential identity for every resident of India as it is used for availing many services. If the Aadhar card is lost or misplaced, people need not be dismayed. UIDAI Authority has introduced many facilities to assist people to obtain the duplicate copy of their Aadhar card. The resident can obtain the duplicate of the Aadhar card either through one of the following mode.
- Through Online mode
- Through Mobile Facility
- By Visiting the Aadhar Enrolment Centre
How to Download Duplicate Aadhar Card through Online Mode?
In case the cardholder misplaces his/her Aadhar card, then they can get a duplicate Aadhar card by downloading it from the UIDAI official website. It takes just a few minutes. You can also carry anywhere the downloaded Aadhar with you and can utilise it for all the services where Aadhar is needed mandatory. Follow the below steps to download the duplicate Aadhar card:
Visit the UIDAI website.
Under Aadhar Enrolment menu, choose Download Aadhar option.
Enter Aadhar number or the Enrolment ID, full name and pin code.
Enter the security code and press “Send OTP”.
Once the OTP is received in the applicant’s registered mobile number, enter it in the space given for the OTP.
Press “Download Aadhar”.
Aadhar card will be downloaded in the PDF format. This downloaded pdf of Aadhar card can be used as the duplicate Aadhar card. It is same as Aadhar card and has all the details which are present on the Aadhar card. Alternatively, the applicant can follow the same procedure by directly visiting this eAadhar site.
How to Open the Downloaded Duplicate Aadhar?
On following the online procedure to download the duplicate Aadhar, you are provided with the copy of Aadhar in PDF format. The duplicate aadhar will be downloaded to the user’s computer. The downloaded pdf file is password protected. Password for the downloaded duplicate aadhar is the first 4 letters of their name in capital letters and year of birth. On providing the password correctly, your duplicate Aadhar is opened and it can be printed as well. UIDAI has provided easy and secured facilities of obtaining Aadhar. This duplicate Aadhar retrieval is a beneficial service to the Aadhar cardholders as they can use this facility from anywhere and can keep their Aadhar in their phones or laptops.
How to Obtain Duplicate Aadhar Card through Mobile Facility?
Apart from the online service provided by the UIDAI, it has also provided a feature to obtain duplicate Aadhar through mobile for the convenience of the people. The user can apply for the duplicate Aadhar card through mobile calling. The following steps are to be followed to obtain duplicate Aadhar Card.
- Dial the UIDAI’s toll-free number 1800-180-1947 or 1947.
- Listen to IVR options and follow the options to talk to an executive.
- Request for the duplicate of the Aadhar card.
- Executive will ask a few questions for verification of identity.
- Once the details are verified, the executive will send the duplicate Aadhar copy to the applicant’s residential address.
How to Get Duplicate Aadhar Card by Visiting the Enrolment Centre?
The individual can get the duplicate Aadhar Card alternatively by visiting the nearest enrolment centers. Enrolment centers are the centers which are set up by the UIDAI, at which the residents of the country can enroll for obtaining an Aadhar card. The series of steps are to be followed to get a duplicate Aadhar card.
- Visit the nearest Aadhar Enrolment Centre.
- If the person has the details of the Aadhar number or the Enrolment ID, then he/she can request the registrar to issue the duplicate Aadhar card.
- If the resident does not know the above details, then the registrar would demand the biometric information of the person.
- Once all the information are given by the resident, request for duplicate Aadhar card is submitted.
- After verification, the duplicate Aadhar is posted to the resident’s postal address.
How to Download Duplicate Aadhar Card even without Enrolment ID?
Residents need not be worried if he/she has lost their Aadhar number as well as their enrolment ID. They can retrieve it from the UIDAI official website. Once the details are retrieved, the duplicate Aadhar card can be downloaded by following the procedure followed for the online process of downloading duplicate Aadhar card. Follow the below steps for getting the Aadhar number or Enrolment ID.
- Visit the UIDAI website.
- In the several Aadhar online services which are displayed, choose “Retrieve Lost UID/EID” in Aadhar Enrolment menu.
- Choose the “Retrieve EID” or “UID” option on the left side of the page.
- Enter the full name, registered email id, and registered mobile number.
- Type security code and press “Send OTP” button.
- The applicant will receive the OTP code either in his/her registered mobile number or email id.
- Type the received OTP code in the “Enter OTP” blank space on the right side of the webpage.
- Click “Verify OTP” button.
- Once the verification of OTP is done, the Enrolment ID/UID respectively will be sent to the applicant’s email or registered mobile number.
What are the Advantages of the Duplicate Aadhar Card?
Some of the advantages of the duplicate Aadhar card are that it can be used as a proof of identity for a banking transaction. It can be used for filing income tax every year. People can link the duplicate Aadhar card with the LPG providers and ration offices in order to utilize the government subsidies. In all the places where the physical Aadhar Card is applicable, the duplicate Aadhar card also applies at those places. Duplicate Aadhar is completely same as Aadhar and has all the Aadhar details. Duplicate Aadhar Card can used for availing all services, purchasing or selling any asset, banking transactions, income tax filing and many other services.
What is Aadhar Card?
Aadhar card is issued by the UIDAI authority to all the citizens of India. It is known for its unique identification as it contains the demographic as well as the biometric information of the individual. It is a secured proof of identity and can also be used as proof of address. It is used for obtaining government subsidies, filing income tax, receiving telecom services, LPG services and many more.
What is Enrolment ID?
Enrolment ID is given to all the applicants at the time of enrolment process for obtaining Aadhar card. During the enrolment process, the respective authority at the enrolment centers provides an acknowledge slip to every applicant after submitting all the demographic and biometric information. This slip contains a 14 digit enrolment number and the time of enrolment which together forms the 28 digit Enrolment ID. This enrolment ID is required for future verifications or for updating any further information.
ATM Transcations - RBI related Articles
Whatsapp Messenger related Articles
Virat Kohli Hits a century related Articles
Reliance Jio related Articles
CIBIL related Articles
GST related Articles
Passport related Articles
Reliance Jio GigaFiber related Articles
Two Wheeler Loan related Articles
HDFC Loan Status related Articles
Gold Loan related Articles
Business Loan related Articles
Car Loan related Articles
Education Loan related Articles
Mudra Loan related Articles
Personal Loan related Articles
Home Loan related Articles
PAN Card related Articles
RRB related Articles
Vodafone Idea related Articles
Paytm Payments Bank related Articles
Link Aadhar With Bank Account related Articles
AADHAR CARD related Articles
Link Aadhar With OTHERS related Articles
Link Aadhar With Mobile Number related Articles
- Aadhar Card
- Aadhar Card Status Check
- Aadhar Card Download
- Aadhar Card Update Correction
- Pan Card Link Aadhar Card
- e-Aadhar Card Download
- mAadhar App
- Aadhar Card Application
- Aadhar Card Enquiry
- Aadhar Card Verification
- Aadhar Enrollment Center
- How to Lock and Unlock Biometrics in Your Aadhar Card
- Aadhar Card for Children
- Aadhar Card for a Non-Resident Indian
- Aadhaar Virtual ID
- How to Reapply for Aadhar Card
- How to Get Lost Aadhar Card
- How to Apply for Aadhar without Any Documents
Link Aadhar With BANK
- Aadhar Card Link to Bank Account
- How to Link Aadhar to Axis Bank Account
- How to Link Aadhar Card to Oriental Bank Account
- How to Link Aadhar to United Bank of India Account
- How to Link Aadhar Card to Dena Bank Account
- How to Link Aadhar Card to Syndicate Bank Account
- How to Link Aadhar Card to UCO Bank Account
- How to Link Aadhar Card to Indian Overseas Bank Account
- How to Link Aadhar Card to IDBI Bank Account
- How to Link Aadhaar Card with Allahabad Bank Account
- How to Link Aadhar to Union Bank of India Account
- How to Link Aadhar to Canara Bank Account
- How to Link Aadhar with Indian Bank Account
- How to Link Aadhar to Vijaya Bank Account
- How to Link Aadhar to Bank of India Account
- How to Link Aadhar Card with Corporation Bank Account
- How to Link Aadhar Card to Andhra Bank Accounthow-to-link-aadhar-card-to-andhra-bank-account
- How to Link Aadhar to Citibank Account
- How to Link Aadhar to Bank of Baroda
- How to Link Aadhar to Bank of Maharashtra Account
- How to Link Aadhar to Central Bank of India Account
- How to Link Aadhar to HDFC Bank Account
- How to Link Aadhar to PNB Bank Account
- How to Link Aadhar to ICICI Bank Account
- How to Link Aadhar to Kotak Mahindra Bank Account
- How to Link Aadhar to SBI Bank Account
- How to Link Aadhar to IRCTC Account