Who: Forbes list of World’s Most Powerful People 2015
When: 4 November 2015
The Forbes list of the World’s Most Powerful People 2015 was released on 4 November 2015. This was Forbes’ seventh annual ranking of World’s Most Powerful People. The list provided the annual ranking of the World’s 73 Most Powerful People.
The list was topped by Russian President Vladimir Putin for the third year in a row. Putin is followed by German Chancellor Angela Merkel (rank 2) who moved up 3 spots from 2014, and President Barack Obama (rank 3) dropped 1 spot, making it the first year a sitting US President has not made it into the top 2 spots.
India’s Prime Minister Narendra Modi was ranked as the world’s ninth most powerful person. In 2014, Modi was placed at 14th position.
Top 10 in the list are
|3||Barack Obama||United States|
|4||Pope Francis||Roman Catholic Church|
|6||Bill Gates||Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation|
|7||Janet Yellen||Washington, United States|
|8||David Cameron||United Kingdom|
Margaret Chan of World Health Organization was ranked at the 73rd (last) position in the list of most powerful people of world.
The list have name of 8 new entrants and they are
• Saudi Arabia King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud (rank 14), he replaced the former king, who was ranked in 2014
• US Presidential candidate Hillary Clinton (rank 58), a returnee who was ranked 16 in 2011
• Bill Clinton the founder of Bill, Hillary & Chelsea Clinton Foundation (rank 64)
• Dell CEO Michael Dell (rank 59)
• Blackstone Group Chairman and CEO Stephen Schwarzman (rank 62)
• Dalian Wanda Group Chairman Wang Jianlin (rank 68), he is China’s richest
• Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau (rank 69)
• Billionaire activist investor Carl Icahn (rank 70)
• Entrepreneur and US Presidential candidate Donald Trump (rank 72)
The men and women who are featured on Forbes’ annual ranking of the World’s Most Powerful People constitute 0.00000001% of the global elite whose actions move the planet. These heads of state, financiers, philanthropists and entrepreneurs truly run the world.