Who: English cricketer Matthew Hobden
When: 3 January 2016
Sussex fast bowler Matthew Hobden, regarded as one of the most talented up-and-coming players in the country, died on 3 January 2016. He was 22.
Hobden’s death was announced by the England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB). However, it did not announce the cause of death.
Who was Matthew Hobden?
• Matthew Hobden was born on 27 March 1993 in Eastbourne, East Sussex, England.
• As a youngster, he played for Glynde & Beddingham Cricket Club.
• In 2009, he was part of the team that won the National Village Cricket Knockout Final at Lord’s.
• In 2014, he made his first-class debut for Sussex for Cardiff MCCU against Somerset at Taunton Vale Sports Club Ground.
• He made his County Championship debut on 1 June 2014.