Who: DAVA project of Department of Commerce
Where: Tehran, Iran
What: Won 2015 eASIA Award
When: 31 December 2015
DAVA or Drug Authentication and Verification Application Project on 31 December 2015 won the 2015 eASIA Award under Trade Facilitation categoy. The award was announced by Asia Pacific Council for Trade Facilitation and Electronic Business (AFACT) in Tehran, Iran.
DAVA is an integrated platform for implementation of the Track and Trace system both for exports and domestic markets of Drugs and Pharmaceuticals.
Features of DAVA Project
• It was launched on 29 June 2015 by the Department of Commerce.
• It will provide simpler means to the consumer and regulatory agencies for establishing drug authentication and protect the India’s Brand image in international trade.
• The application has value-added features like availability of stocks for a drug in area/wholesalers/retailers at a point of time
• Whenever required, drugs can easily be identified and recalled due to traceability of stocks, prevention of black marketing which especially arises during epidemics.
• It aims to cover all the drugs manufactured in India. Indian Pharmaceutical industry has approximately 250 large units and more than 8000 small and medium scale units.
• It is in the pilot stage and will be subsequently made mandatory for all pharmaceutical exports from India.
• Once fully implemented, the export of fake or spurious drug from the country will not be possible and in case it happens it would be easily traceable.