Fresherslive.com brings for its reader daily updated quizzes that cover the topics like death of Mufti Mohammad Sayeed, world’s largest blue star sapphire and 105th Indian Science Congress Association (ISCA) among others.
1. Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Mufti Mohammad Sayeed passed away on 7 January 2016. He belonged to which party and in which year the party was founded?
a) Jammu & Kashmir National Conference (NC), 1939
b) Jammu and Kashmir People’s Democratic Party (PDP), 1999
c) Jammu & Kashmir National Panthers Party, 1982
d) Jammu Kashmir Democratic Liberation Party, 1994
2. Who was elected as the General President of the 105th Indian Science Congress Association (ISCA) that is scheduled for 2017-18?
a) Prana Krushna Parija
b) Achyuta Samanta
c) Krishna M Rao
d) Shailaya Kumar
3. The National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) on 6 January 2016 issued a notice to which state government over the reported deplorable conditions prevailing in the prisons of the state?
a) Uttar Pradesh
4. Which country on 6 January 2016 conducted its first hydrogen bomb test?
a) North Korea
5. Which of the following books of Harper Lee was in news on 6 January 2016 as it topped the 2015 US Bestseller List?
a) Go Set a Watchman
b) To Kill a Mockingbird
c) Fifty Shades of Grey
d) Diary of Wimpy Kid
6. Name the noted Gujarati writer and poet who passed away on 6 January 2016. He was known for his novel Akasmat (1968).
a) Surendra Patel
b) Akhil Thakur
c) Ramya Ghosh
d) Labhshankar Thakar
7. Who was appointed as the Chairman of Internet and Mobile Association of India (IAMAI) on 5 January 2016?
a) Kunal Shah
b) Vinodh Bhat
c) Vishwas Patel
d) Nishant Rao
8. With which country on 5 January 2016 Sri Lanka signed 8 MoUs to deepen bilateral engagement?
9. Identify the state in which the 600 MW Kakatiya Thermal Power Plant Stage-II is located which was commissioned by BHEL on 5 January 2016?
b) Tamil Nadu
d) Andhra Pradesh
10. On 5 January 2016, it was announced that World’s first slum museum will be set up in Dharavi in February 2016. Against this backdrop, identify the city in which Dharavi is located?
a) New Delhi
11. Identify the Indian Wicket-Keeper who on 5 January 2016 was awarded with the 2015 Col. CK Nayudu Lifetime Achievement Award.
a) Syed Kirmani
b) Farokh Engineer
c) Kiran More
d) Nayan Mongia
12. Which scheme was launched by Union Minister of Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation Uma Bharti on 5 December 2015 in Uttar Pradesh?
a) MUDRA Yojana
b) Ganga Gram Yojana
c) SAFAL Bharat Yojana
d) Grahak Vishwas Yojana
13. Which state signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with Jharkhand Bijli Vitran Nigam Limited (JBVNL) under the UDAY Scheme on 5 January 2016?
14. The world’s largest blue star sapphire that weighs 1404.49 carats was discovered in a mine in which country in August 2015?
c) Sri Lanka
15. Who on 1 January 2016 took over as the High Commissioner for the United Nations Refugee Agency (UNHCR)?
a) António Guterres
b) Filippo Grandi
c) Thorvald Stoltenberg
d) Sadruddin Aga Khan
1-(b) 6-(d) 11-(a)
2-(b) 7-(a) 12-(b)
3-(d) 8-(d) 13-(d)
4-(a) 9-(c) 14-(c)
5-(a) 10-(b) 15-(b)