Who: Six-laning of National Highway-2
Where: Bihar and Jharkhand
What: Approved by CCEA
When: 20 January 2016
The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) on 20 January 2016 approved development of the six laning of Aurangabad- Bihar/Jharkhand Border- BarwaAdda section on National Highway-2 in Bihar and Jharkhand.
The estimated cost of the project is 4918.48 crore rupees including cost of land acquisition, resettlement and rehabilitation and other pre-construction activities.
Highlights of the Project
• It will be done under the National Highways Development Project (NHDP) Phase-V.
• The approval was given in BOT (Toll) mode on Design, Build, Finance, Operate and Transfer (BOT/DBFOT) basis.
• The total length of the road will be approximately 222 km.
• The main object of the project is to expedite the improvement of infrastructure in Bihar and Jharkhand and also in reducing the time and cost of travel for traffic.
• The development of this stretch will also help in uplifting the socio-economic condition of the concerned regions of the State and would also increase employment potential for local labourers.