Who: Raghunandan Mandal
When: 4 January 2016
BJP MLA Raghunandan Mandal has died at Korka district at the age of 63. Mr Mandal complained of chest pain and died on way to hospital. He is survived by his wife, two sons and a daughter. He was a first-time MLA from Godda. Jharkhand Governor Droupadi Murmu, Chief Minister Raghubar Das, former Chief Minister Arjun Munda and several other leaders condoled the death.
- Jharkhand is a state in eastern India carved out of the southern part of Bihar on 15 November 2000.
- The city of Ranchi is its capital while the industrial city of Jamshedpur is the largest Urban Agglomeration (UA) in the state.
- The state’s sex ratio is 947 females to 1000 males.
- Jharkhand is represented by 14 seats in the Lok Sabha and 6 in the Rajya Sabha.
- Jharkhand has been at the centre of the Naxalite-Maoist insurgency.
- Elephant and Koel are the state’s animal and bird respectively.