Who: Bala Tripura Sundari Devi Temple of Nepal
What: Inaugurated after being renovated under India-Nepal Economic programme
When: 5 September 2015
- Indian Ambassador to Nepal, Ranjit Rae on 5 September 2015 inaugurated the newly renovated Bala Tripura Sundari Devi Temple at Tripurakot. It is situated on the bank of glacial river Thuli Bheri in Dolpa district of Nepal.
- The temple was constructed with 33.3 million Nepali rupees financial support from the Indian government.
- Shree Bala Tripura Sundari Devi Temple is a historic structure said to be more than 900 years old, having great socio-cultural relevance in the life of the people of the Dolpa district. The renovation of the temple has upgraded the old structure with improved facilities for 20000 pilgrims visiting the temple every year.
- Besides, Rae also inaugurated school building of Shree Chandannath HS School, Khalanga Bazar, in Jumla district, constructed with Government of India at a grant assistance of 24.94 million Nepali Rupees.
- Established in 1951, and upgraded to Higher Secondary school in 2006 Shree Chandannath HS School is one of the important educational institutions of this remote district in Nepal’s mid western region.
- This is the first development project undertaken by Government of India in Jumla District.
- Apart from this, the Union Government also extended its assistance of around 300 million Nepali rupees for renovation, restoration, updation of various religious, cultural and historical sites of Nepal.
These initiatives were undertaken by Indian government as part of the India-Nepal Economic programme, which has an outlay of over 75 billion Nepali rupees with more than 502 large and small development projects completed or currently being implemented in almost all the districts of Nepal.
These development projects mainly in the sectors of education, health and infrastructure development have been undertaken in response to local needs, and in partnership with the Government of Nepal.