Who: MoU on technology initiatives
What: Signed by AP Government & Mircrosoft India
When: 28 December 2015
Why: To deliver citizen centric services
Government of Andhra Pradesh on 28 December 2015 signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Microsoft India on a range of technology initiatives.
The MoU was signed after a meeting between the Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu and Microsoft’s CEO Satya Nadella in Hyderabad.
The purpose of the MoU is to improve use of information and communication technologies, drive digital inclusion and provide IT-based decentralised citizen services.
The initiatives will help in checking school dropouts, improving agricultural productivity and providing better citizen services.
Features of the MoU
• By applying Microsoft Azure Machine Learning and Advanced Visualization method, the company will provide technical knowledge to the AP Government and support building three proof-of-concept (PoC) solutions.
• The three PoC solutions are related to the fields of education, agriculture and eCitizen services.
• The PoC solutions will be built and deployed to address specific problems within each of the fields to achieve better outcomes for the State.
• For data gathering, analysis, predictive analysis and policy planning, the lab method will used by the Microsoft India.
• State Government’s key IT executives will be trained on Microsoft technologies such as Cloud, Mobility and appropriate Microsoft Technology stack.
• The company will set up a Centre for Excellence (CoE) in Visakhapatnam.