Last modified:Dec 02,2019 11:23:56 am
Aadhar Card Update can be made to both the demographic and biometric data of your Aadhar and Aadhar Card Update and Correction is made easier with the help of Online and Offline mode services provided by UIDAI. Aadhar Card Update and Correction can be made any time and complete information, procedure, and other details pertaining to Aadhar Card Update and Correction are given below.
Aadhaar card update: Change your address through the new mAadhaar app
The Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) launched its new version. Both—Android and iOS users can download the new Aadhaar app. Some top features are mentioned in the new mAadhaar app which are mentioned below.
- mAadhaar app supports multiple languages such as English and 12 Indian languages— Hindi, Bengali, Odia, Urdu, Telugu, Tamil, Malayalam, Kannada, Gujarati, Punjabi, Marathi and Assamese.
- This app can be used to solve Aadhaar related services like update address, verify Aadhaar, verify mail/email, retrieve UID/EID, request for Address Validation Letter and also check the status of various online requests.
- A user can add a maximum of 3 profiles in his device, all having the same mobile number registered in their Aadhaar.
- The resident can lock or unlock their Aadhaar or biometric authentication. It is secure biometric authentication by closing biometrics data of the resident. Biometric remains locked till the Aadhaar holder chose to either unlock it or Disable the Locking system.
- It has Aadhaar Services Dashboard and My Aadhaar Section
- Users can locate the enrolment Center to find the nearest Enrolment Center.
- The proof of identity for undertaking journey in any reserved class in Indian Railways.
Aadhaar Card Update and Correction
Aadhar Card Update and Correction is a service provided by UIDAI for the Aadhar Card Holders to make updates and corrections to their Aadhar. Information like the change of address, change of email or phone number, change of biometric data, any corrections in the New Aadhar, etc can be made in the already saved details of the UIDAI database. Different modes of Aadhar Card Update, Aadhar Details that can be updated, Corrections that can be made, Update Status, and other details are elaborated below.
What can be Updated in the Aadhaar Card?
The Cardholder can update both biometric and demographic information provided at the time of enrolment.
Biometric Data that can be updated - Finger Prints, Iris, and Photograph
The biometric update will be required if the applicant undergoes the enrolment process under their age of 5 years. Update of biometric impressions is required at the age of 5 yrs and 15 years of the applicant. The need for an update of biometric information may also be required if the applicant unluckily undergoes any accidents or acquires any disease leading to biometric exception.
Demographic Data that can be updated - Name, Address, DoB, Gender, Mobile Number, Email
Apart from the printing errors, the applicants may be willing to update the change of address due to life events such as marriage, or shifting to a new location, etc. Some information like alternate residential address can also be updated by providing the supporting document.
What is Aadhaar Card Correction?
The demographic update may be required due to mistakes in the printing of the name or address or date of birth or even the mobile number and email address of the cardholder. These printing mistakes of the demographic information in the Aadhaar Card may be changed through online or offline mode by providing accurate information along with the supporting document copies.
What are the Different Modes of Aadhaar Card Update?
If you are looking for Aadhaar Card Update or Correction, there are two ways you can do it.
- Aadhaar Card Update - Online
- Aadhaar Card Update - At Permanent Enrolment Centers
- Aadhaar Card Update - Post
Before you could start with the updation or correction process, you must have your registered mobile number with you and Your Mobile number cannot be Updated Online. Also, you would need supporting document as Proof of that particular change/correction. Check - List of Supporting Documents.
How to Update Aadhaar Card Details Online?
The UIDAI allows Aadhaar correction online for every citizen to make corrections in the Aadhar details by providing valid proof. The UIDAI has created an Aadhar self-service update portal for helping the people to update their address, mobile number, and email address.
Steps to be followed for updating the Aadhar card are given below:
● Login to the Aadhaar Self-Service Portal.
● Type the Aadhaar number and text verification.
● Press “Send OTP” to receive OTP on the registered mobile number.
● After receiving the OTP, choose the “Enter OTP” button and type the received O in the blank space.
● Choose the necessary field which is to be updated. Fill in the details. Submit the form.
● A Unique Request Number (URN) will be generated.
● Review the details and attach the scan copy of the necessary original supporting documents.
How to Update or Correct Address in Aadhar Card through Online Mode?
The address in the aadhaar card can be easily changed through online mode. One will have to follow the below-given steps to change their address.
Step 1: Visit the Aadhar Self-Service Portal.
Step 2: For the applicants who have proper address proof should choose “Update Address” and if otherwise choose “Request for Address Validation Letter”.
Step 3: Follow the steps by entering your aadhar number, text verification code and choose to obtain OTP password or one can also use alternative TOPT method instead of OTP.
Step 4: You will receive an OTP in your registered mobile number. Enter the OTP in the blank space given.
Step 5: Now choose the Address checkbox and submit.
Step 6: Enter the correct address in the space provided as mentioned in the address proof.
Step 7: Click “Submit Update Request”.
Step 8: If you need to edit the address, click “Modify” and make the changes before submitting.
Step 9: Once submitted, you will be directed to upload the address proof. Scan and upload the proof.
Step 10: The details updated will be verified by the BPO service provider and if the address matches to the proof, then it will be forwarded to the UIDAI.
Step 11: UIDAI will provide an acknowledgement slip to you and it will have the Update Request Number (URN). Once the address is updated, you can download the Aadhar card.
How to Update or Correct Address in Aadhar Card Without Address Proof?
People need not panic if they had changed their residential address but still do not have any address proof ready. You can still change address in aadhar card by using “Address Validation Letter”. This involves three stages which are as follows.
1. Application by the applicant
The applicant has to follow a certain steps to complete this process.
● In the aadhar portal, choose “Update Aadhar” and select “Update your Address Online”.
● Then click on “Request for Aadhar Verification Letter”.
● Enter aadhar number and verification.
● Click on either OTP or TOPT.
● Enter the OTP code which is received in your registered mobile number.
● Enter the aadhar number of the address verifier.
● Submit the request and the address verifier will be receiving a message on his registered mobile number.
2. Approval by the verifier
This stage is where the verifier has to provide his or her consent to support you for the address update. Follow the below steps to complete this stage.
● Address verifier would have received a message on his registered mobile number.
● Click on the link and enter the OTP password received to provide consent for approval.
3. Final submission by the applicant
This is the final stage of updating the address in Aadhar card. Follow the below given steps.
● A message is sent to the applicant’s registered mobile number once the verifier provides consent through OTP code.
● The message received by the applicant will contain a SRN and a link to submit the application.
● Applicant has to enter the SRN and OTP in the space provided.
● Check the details and click on “Submit Request Update”.
● Once the details are verified, the verifier’s address will be updated in your aadhaar card.
How to Update Aadhaar Card Details through Enrolment Centre?
Aadhaar details can be updated always at the enrolment center. One has to take all the necessary supporting documents to the enrolment center. Follow the below given steps to update aadhaar details through enrolment centre.
● Fill aadhaar correction application form at the enrolment centre with the details that are to be updated.
● Enter the correct details and not the ones that is already in the aadhaar.
● Provide the supporting documents to verify.
● The applicant has to provide biometrics for updating the details at the enrolment centre.
● Applicants will be charges Rs.25 for updating the Aadhar details.
How to Update Aadhaar Card Details through Post?
One can update the aadhaar card details through postal services. To do so, follow the below-given steps.
● Download and take a print out of the Aadhar update and correction application form.
● Fill in the details that are to be updated. If it is address update in the aadhaar card, the proof of address is to be submitted. If it is name correction, supporting proof of identity is to be submitted.
● Attach the necessary supporting documents.
● Send them to the below given address.
Post box no.10,
Madhya Pradesh - 480001
How to Update Mobile Number in Aadhaar Card?
People can update their mobile number in the Aadhar Card without submitting any proof. Follow the below steps to update or change the mobile number details in aadhar card.
● Visit the nearest aadhaar enrolment centre.
● Enter the details in the aadhaar correction application form.
● Enter the new mobile number alone and not the old one.
● You need not provide any proof for updating mobile number.
● The executives will provide you an acknowledgement slip containing an URN.
● You will be charged Rs.25 for updating the details.
Why does Aadhaar Card Correction Application gets Rejected?
Aadhar card correction request gets rejected sometimes due to certain reasons. In that case, the applicant can again fill in the new application with appropriate documents attached with the application form. Some of the reasons due to which aadhaar card update request gets rejected are given below.
● If the application form is not clearly filled or if any of the details are missing, the application may be rejected.
● If the necessary documents are not submitted along with the application, a request to update will get rejected.
● The application might get rejected if the details do not match with the documents that are submitted along with the application form.
● Also if the supporting documents that are attached with application form do not bear the self-attestation, there are chances for the request to be rejected.
What are the Document that are Required for Aadhaar Card Correction?
For updating the details in aadhaar card, one should submit all the necessary supporting documents. Here is the list of all the supporting documents for Aadhar Card Correction.
Supporting Documents for Proof of Identity
● PAN Card
● Ration card or PDS photo card
● Voter ID
● Driving license
● Photo identification card provided by the government
● Service photo ID card issued by PSU
● Job cards of NREGS
● Photo identity card issued by a recognised educational institution
● Photobank ATM card
● Photo credit card
● Photo card of pensioner
● Photo card of freedom fighter
● Photo passbook of Kisan
● Photo card of CGHS
● Marriage certificate
● Document of marriage issued originally by the registrar
● Approved name change certificate
● Photo card of ECHS
● Identity certificate contains name and photograph issued by the Tahsildar or the gazetted officer
Supporting Documents for Proof of Address
● Statement of bank account
● Ration card
● Passbook or account statement of the post office
● Bank passbook
● Voter ID
● Driving license
● Photo identification card provided by government
● Service photo ID card issued by PSU
● Previous three months electricity bill
● Water bill not older than 3 months
● Previous year three months telephone bill
● Property tax receipt of last three months
● Credit card statement of last three months
● Photo and letter signed by bank on letterhead
● Insurance policy
● Job cards of NREGS
● Photo identity card issued by recognised educational institution
● Photo card of pensioner
● Photo card of freedom fighter
● Photo passbook of Kisan
● Photo card of ECHS
● Identity certificate that containing name and photograph issued by the MP, MLA, Tahsildar or the gazetted officer
● Registration certificate of vehicle
● Caste and domicile certificate along with a photo issued by state government
● Spouse’s passport
● For minor children, parent’s passport
● Last 3 month gas connection bill
Supporting documents for proof of date of birth
● Birth Certificate
● SSLC Certificate
● Date of birth certificate on their letterhead issued either by Tahsildar or Gazetted Officer
What is the Charge for Aadhaar Card Update or Correction?Aadhaar Card Update for both Demographic or Biometric data, charges of Rs. 25/- has to be paid to the service provider. The fee/charges are to be paid every single time you make an update to your Aadhaar. Also, check "Charges for Various UIDAI Services at Aadhaar Kendra (PEC)" at the official site for UIDAI approved fee structure.
Important Information Related to Aadhaar Card Update
- The update or change in Registered mobile number and the biometric data cannot be updated Online. To update these data one has to visit the nearest Aadhaar Permanent Enrolment Center.
- The applicant must have their registered mobile number, Aadhar number and scanned copy of the necessary proof of address documents for making the update/correction. Once the data is updated online, the process does not get over immediately.
- The data provided will be verified in the UIDAI Update back office by the respective Verifier. If all the proof is satisfying, then the data would be updated in the UIDAI database and it would reflect in the e-Aadhaar.
- The information will be updated once the verification is over. It takes approximately 90 days to receive the updated Aadhar.
- The applicant can check the update status using the URN, which is generated during the update process.
Where can Aadhaar Card Update/Correction be done Offline?
Aadhaar Card Update or Correction may be done at the Permanent Enrolment Centres. The applicant can make corrections in their Aadhar card details by providing filled Aadhaar correction update form and submit it with the copy of necessary support documents at the Permanent Enrolment Centres. The documents are verified and the biometric information are taken by the operator at the enrolment center for authentication.
At the Enrolment center, all demographic data, biometric information, as well as local language, can be updated. The verification process is done at the center after submitting the form. Locate the nearest Permanent Enrolment Center - https://appointments.uidai.gov.in/centersearch.aspx
What are the Modes of Update/Correction via Enrolment Centers?
Currently, the UIDAI has organized three modes for assisting update process through Permanent Aadhar Enrolment Centers.
Update Client Standard
The application form must be filled with the details which have to be corrected. The operator appointed at Enrolment center manually verifies the form and also handles spellings, language issues, etc. Then the operator updates it in the software and gets the biometric authentication by the resident against every update request. The applicant should pay Rs.25 for every visit to enrolment centre for update of Aadhar details.
Once the form filling and documents submitting over, the proofs are verified by the verifier appointed by the UIDAI or Registrar available at the Enrolment center. The verification process must be according to the recommendations of the Demographic Data Standards and Verification procedure (DDSVP).
Once the verification process is completed, the applicant is given an acknowledgment slip. It contains a Unique Request Number (URN). This URN is used for checking the update status.
Update through Client Lite
All demographic fields and photo can be updated. The form filling is done by the operator on update client lite software as requested by the resident. Biometric impressions of the resident are taken after every update of information. The UIDAI appoints a verifier to check the documents and the resident is provided with a URN receipt as acknowledgment after verification. This URN must be kept safe for tracking the update status.
Update through AUA
- The updation of the details in the Aadhaar card can be done using this method. Authentication User Agency (AUA) is an entity engaged in providing Aadhar enabled services to all the Aadhaar card holders.
- UIDAI would give the application and set of instruction and procedures to be followed in the updation process to the Registrar. This Registrar who is selected becomes the AUA’s and are known to collect, possess and manage particular demographic field and also becomes the custodian of data.
- Biometric authentication of the resident is taken on the AUA’s device and UIDAI may also use additional authentication by requesting mobile OTP for updating the information.
- UIDAI would accept the information based on the Registrar’s verification process. The resident would receive the printed receipt with URN which can be used for tracking purpose. The Registrar may take a scan of the documents for any audit purposes if necessary.
How to Check Aadhaar Update Status?
After applying for Update/Correction, verification of the request and the document are done and validated. It takes around 90 days to get the updated Aadhaar and the status can be checked from the links given below.
Status Check for Update/Correction - Online
Status Check for Update/Correction - Permanent Enrolment Centers
Trending News related Articles
Reliance Jio related Articles
Festival related Articles
Cricket News related Articles
IRCTC related Articles
ATM Transcations - RBI related Articles
Summit & Conference related Articles
Sports News related Articles
National News related Articles
FASTag related Articles
Technology News related Articles
Visits related Articles
Arts & Culture related Articles
Important Days related Articles
Awards related Articles
MoU & Agreement related Articles
National related Articles
Business/Economy related Articles
Index/List related Articles
Banking and Finance related Articles
Environment related Articles
Science & Technology related Articles
Schemes related Articles
Cinema News related Articles
Whatsapp Messenger related Articles
Paytm Payments Bank related Articles
Virat Kohli Hits a century related Articles
Vodafone Idea related Articles
CIBIL related Articles
GST related Articles
Passport related Articles
Reliance Jio GigaFiber related Articles
Two Wheeler Loan related Articles
HDFC Loan Status related Articles
Gold Loan related Articles
Business Loan related Articles
Car Loan related Articles
Education Loan related Articles
Mudra Loan related Articles
Personal Loan related Articles
Home Loan related Articles
PAN Card related Articles
RRB related Articles
Link Aadhar With Bank Account related Articles
AADHAR CARD related Articles
Link Aadhar With OTHERS related Articles
Link Aadhar With Mobile Number related Articles
- Aadhar Card
- Aadhar Card Status Check
- Aadhar Card Download
- Pan Card Link Aadhar Card
- e-Aadhar Card Download
- mAadhar App
- Aadhar Card Application
- Aadhar Card Enquiry
- Aadhar Card Verification
- Aadhar Enrollment Center
- How to Get Duplicate Aadhaar Card
- How to Lock and Unlock Biometrics in Your Aadhar Card
- Aadhar Card for Children
- Aadhar Card for a Non-Resident Indian
- Aadhaar Virtual ID
- How to Reapply for Aadhar Card
- How to Get Lost Aadhar Card
- How to Apply for Aadhar without Any Documents
Link Aadhar With BANK
- Aadhar Card Link to Bank Account
- How to Link Aadhar to Axis Bank Account
- How to Link Aadhar Card to Oriental Bank Account
- How to Link Aadhar to United Bank of India Account
- How to Link Aadhar Card to Dena Bank Account
- How to Link Aadhar Card to Syndicate Bank Account
- How to Link Aadhar Card to UCO Bank Account
- How to Link Aadhar Card to Indian Overseas Bank Account
- How to Link Aadhar Card to IDBI Bank Account
- How to Link Aadhaar Card with Allahabad Bank Account
- How to Link Aadhar to Union Bank of India Account
- How to Link Aadhar to Canara Bank Account
- How to Link Aadhar with Indian Bank Account
- How to Link Aadhar to Vijaya Bank Account
- How to Link Aadhar to Bank of India Account
- How to Link Aadhar Card with Corporation Bank Account
- How to Link Aadhar Card to Andhra Bank Accounthow-to-link-aadhar-card-to-andhra-bank-account
- How to Link Aadhar to Citibank Account
- How to Link Aadhar to Bank of Baroda
- How to Link Aadhar to Bank of Maharashtra Account
- How to Link Aadhar to Central Bank of India Account
- How to Link Aadhar to HDFC Bank Account
- How to Link Aadhar to PNB Bank Account
- How to Link Aadhar to ICICI Bank Account
- How to Link Aadhar to Kotak Mahindra Bank Account
- How to Link Aadhar to SBI Bank Account
- How to Link Aadhar to IRCTC Account