Aadhar Card for Children as well as an adult is a voluntary process and can be enrolled for even a newborn baby. Aadhar Card for Children can be got with the proof of address and identity of any one of the parents. The procedure for obtaining Aadhaar Card for Kid, the update of biometric information of the Child and related information can be known in detail from this article.
How to Enrol Aadhar Card for Children?
Aadhar Card enrolment for a child is possible and it is a simpler process. Aadhar Card has become one of the very important identity proof due to its uniqueness and portability. So it becomes necessary, that every individual irrespective of their age, acquires the Aadhar card. Children can also apply for the Aadhar card at any age and it is a voluntary process. Children below 5 years of age need not provide any biometric information. Only the photo of the child is taken. The biometric information must be updated at the age of 5 years and the same has to be re-updated at the age of 15 years. Aadhar Card for children can be procured by offline mode, by visiting the Aadhar enrolment centers.
How to Obtain Aadhar Card for Children through Offline Mode?
Aadhar Card Registration for children is similar to as that of the adults. Aadhar enrolment process can be performed by visiting the Aadhar enrolment center and is an offline process. One can book an appointment online and obtain application form online, but enrolling is an offline procedure. One can follow the below steps to obtain the Aadhar card for a child.
- Visit the nearest enrolment center.
- Get an Aadhar application form.
- Fill in the details with care and the information given must be accurate.
- Since the Aaadhar card is for the child, the proof of the parents can be provided to complete the registration process.
- The child’s photograph alone is captured.
- Aaadhar acknowledgment slip is provided after verification of the documents is done.
- The acknowledgment slip contains the enrolment number and the time of enrolment. This slip must be kept safe for checking the aadhar status and for updating any information in future.
Can we Fix an Appointment Online for Aadhar Enrollment for Children?
UIDAI has provided the applicants with a feature to book an appointment for Aadhar card registration. The parents can book an appointment through the UIDAI official website. The time for visiting the enrolment center can be fixed. Booking an appointment beforehand saves more time. The executive in the enrolment center would assist with all information pertaining to the Aadhar Card registration for the child. Visit the enrollment centre at the fixed time with all your necessary document copies. Fill in the application form and submit it along with either of the parents’ Aadhar copy.
How to Obtain Aadhar Application Form for Children?
Aadhar Card application form for the enrolment of the child is the same form which is provided for the adults. The only difference is the parent’s proof of address and proof of identity is to be submitted along with application form. One can get the Aadhar application form at the enrolment centres. Alternatively, the application form can be downloaded from the UIDAI official website by following the below steps.
- Visit the UIDAI official website.
- Under “Resources” drop-down menu, choose “download form”
- Then download the Aadhar Application form.
- It can be printed, filled in and submitted it to the enrolment center.
What are the Details Required to Enrol for Aadhar Card for Children?
You will require a few details to enrol Aadhar card for your child. Children of even less 5 years can now avail with an Aadhar card. Fill in the application form to enroll for an Aadhar card for your child. Child should be present at the enrollment centre at the time of applying. For the enrolment of the child to get an Aadhar card, the following are to be submitted along with the application form.
- Birth Certificate of the child.
- Proof of identity of the parents
- Proof of address of the parents
- Aadhar number of the parents
- Contact number of the parents
How to Enrol Aadhar Card for Children Below 5 years?
Children below 5 years can also apply for Aadhar card. Benefits of Aadhar card can be enjoyed by every Indian citizen irrespective of their age. Even a new born baby can be obtained the unique identity. Information related to Aadhar enrolment for children below 5 years are listed below.
All you need to do to enrol for your child who is below 5 years, visit the nearest Aadhar enrolment centre.
Fill in the application form for Aadhar enrolment.
Either of the parents Aadhar details is to be furnished.
All demographic details are taken from parent’s Aadhar and no biometric information of the child is taken except a photo.
Copy of Birth certificate of the child is to be given.
You would receive the aadhar within 90 days of enrolment and in the meantime you can check the status of the Aadhar using the enrolment number given in the acknowledgement slip.
Birth certificate of the child
Aadhar Card of one of the parents
How to Enrol Aadhar Card for Children Between 5 years and 15 years?
For children between 5 and 15 years, Aadhar enrolment enrolment is same as the adults. But the demographic information will be taken from the parents Aadhar details. Visit the nearest enrolment centre along with your child and fill in the Aadhar application form. Demographic information are taken as in the parents’ Aadhar details. Child has to provide the biometric information like ten fingerprints, iris and photo. On submitting the Aadhar application form, an acknowledge receipt with enrolment number present in it is provided. Keep it safe to check the Aadhar application status. Aadhar card will be sent to the residence within 90 days through postal service. When the child completes 15 years, they should again provide the biometric information and update it in the Aadhar central database.
Birth certificate of the child
Aadhar Card of one of the parents
School Identity Card
Bonafide from the institution
Alternatively for address proof of child, the letter from any MP or MLA or Gazetted Officer or Tasildhar or Village Panchayat Head with the photograph of the child on the letter.
When will Aadhar Card for Children be Obtained?
After the enrolment of the Aadhar card for the child, it takes some for the verification process. Once the verification process is successfully completed, you will obtain the Aadhar card for child. Aadhar card of the child will be delivered to the residential address within 90 days from the date of enrolment through the Indian Postal Service. Before the delivery of the physical Aadhar card, if you need the Aadhar card of the child, you can download the e-aadhar from UIDAI website. You will the acknowledgement number for this purpose. Aadhar enrolment procedure, processing and delivery for children is same as the adult. Aadhar for children is much simpler as it verifies already saved information of the parents.
What is Bal Aadhar?
Aadhar Card for children under 5 years is otherwise known as Bal Aadhar and is issued in blue colour. It has all the contents as in the Aadhar card. Aadhar Card for children is valid till the child attains the age of 5. This blue aadhar expires after the child’s 5 years and it is replaced with the normal Aadhar card. For replacing Bal Aadhar, the child must provide the biometric information at the enrolment centre when he/she reaches 5 years.
How is Biometric Updation Done for Children?
For children below 5 years of age, during the enrolment process, the biometric information is not taken except the photograph of the child. Biometric information of the child must be provided at the age of 5 years. At the age of 5, the retina of the child and photograph is captured. At the age of 15, the child’s biometric information is again updated and it is the final update. The iris, photograph and the ten fingerprints are recorded at the child’s 15 years of age.
How does Differently-Abled People Provide Biometric Information?
In the case of differently-abled people with no fingerprints or with rugged hands e.g. beedi workers, only photo will be used for identity determination and there will be markers to determine uniqueness. Fingerprints impression will not be taken. Also the retina of the person will be captured through sensors and instruments as prescribed by UIDAI.
More information on Aadhar Card
Aadhar Card is an unique identification and Aadhar number consists of 12 digits. It is used for many government schemes. On procuring the Aadhar card, one can enjoy LPG subsidies. One can also use this proof of identity for travelling in Indian Railways. Aadhar Card helps to eliminate duplicate ID proofs. It is used for filing income tax returns. Nowadays, even schools are asking for Aadhar card for children. So it is advisable to apply for Aadhar card irrespective of their age.
Home Loan related Articles
Personal Loan related Articles
GST related Articles
CIBIL related Articles
Two Wheeler Loan related Articles
Gold Loan related Articles
Mudra Loan related Articles
Business Loan related Articles
Car Loan related Articles
Education Loan related Articles
PAN Card related Articles
RRB related Articles
HDFC Loan Status related Articles
Passport related Articles
Link Aadhar With Bank Account related Articles
AADHAR CARD related Articles
Link Aadhar With OTHERS related Articles
Link Aadhar With Mobile Number related Articles
- Aadhaar Virtual ID
- Aadhar Card Verification
- Aadhar Card
- Aadhar Card Status Check
- Aadhar Card Download
- Pan Card Link Aadhar Card
- e-Aadhar Card Download
- mAadhar App
- Aadhar Card Enquiry
- Aadhar Enrollment Center
- How to Get Duplicate Aadhaar Card
- How to Lock and Unlock Biometrics in Your Aadhar Card
- Aadhar Card for a Non-Resident Indian
- How to Reapply for Aadhar Card
- How to Get Lost Aadhar Card
- How to Apply for Aadhar without Any Documents
- Aadhar Card Update Correction
- Aadhar Card Application
Link Aadhar With BANK
- How to Link Aadhar to HDFC Bank Account
- How to Link Aadhar to Bank of Maharashtra Account
- How to Link Aadhar to Bank of Baroda
- How to Link Aadhar to Citibank Account
- How to Link Aadhar Card to Andhra Bank Accounthow-to-link-aadhar-card-to-andhra-bank-account
- How to Link Aadhar Card with Corporation Bank Account
- How to Link Aadhar to Bank of India Account
- How to Link Aadhar with Indian Bank Account
- How to Link Aadhar to Canara Bank Account
- How to Link Aadhar to Union Bank of India Account
- How to Link Aadhaar Card with Allahabad Bank Account
- How to Link Aadhar Card to Indian Overseas Bank Account
- How to Link Aadhar Card to UCO Bank Account
- How to Link Aadhar Card to Syndicate Bank Account
- How to Link Aadhar to United Bank of India Account
- How to Link Aadhar Card to Oriental Bank Account
- How to Link Aadhar to Axis Bank Account
- How to Link Aadhar to PNB Bank Account
- How to Link Aadhar to Central Bank of India Account
- How to Link Aadhar to Vijaya Bank Account
- How to Link Aadhar Card to IDBI Bank Account
- Aadhar Card Link to Bank Account
- How to Link Aadhar to IRCTC Account
- How to Link Aadhar to SBI Bank Account
- How to Link Aadhar to Kotak Mahindra Bank Account
- How to Link Aadhar to ICICI Bank Account
- How to Link Aadhar Card to Dena Bank Account