Sons of the Forest Update 0.5 Patch Notes, Updates and More
by Abinaya | Updated May 26, 2023
Sons of the Forest
Sons of the Forest is an upcoming survival video game developed by Endnight Games and published by Newsnight. Serving as the highly anticipated sequel to the 2018 game, The Forest, it brings players into a thrilling and immersive experience. The game is set in a mysterious and dangerous forest where players must navigate through hostile environments, gather resources, and fight off terrifying creatures to survive.
Sons of the Forest promises enhanced graphics, improved gameplay mechanics, and an expanded storyline that will captivate both new and returning players. The release date for Sons of the Forest has not been announced yet, but fans of the original game and survival genre enthusiasts are eagerly awaiting its arrival.
Sons of the Forest Update 0.5 Patch Notes
Check out the Sons of the Forest Update 0.5 Patch Notes here.
- Buildable basic and advanced log sled
- Tree regrowth (setting is on by default) with a 10% chance to randomly regrow when you sleep
- Findable cooking pots and new advanced cooking system
- Can now add tarps to log structures
- 2 new found footage clips added
- Beached sail boats location added
- 79 new ponds and 34 new lakes added to map
- You can now play the guitar
- Added Timmy mutated arm to demon battle scene
- New wearable clothing item added
- New Kelvin commands added to reset traps, fill log sleds and fill drying racks with fish.
- Days Survived now shows the correct readout if the player died during the final interactive cutscene by jumping into the propeller blades
- Cannibals in villages will now sometimes engage in a test of strength fight with another cannibal
- Cannibal fear is now affected by group size, single cannibals will have more fear, large cannibal groups will have less
- Shotgun rail is now on side of gun instead of top to avoid blocking vision
- Turtles will now only lay eggs on sand
- Muddies will sometimes get bored with the player and run away if not angry
- Added Timmy mutant arm visuals to demon boss cutscene
- Lowered priority for female cannibals stealing logs
- Eagles may now steal dead fish
- Throwing dead bodies on spring traps now sends them flying into air
- Moldy food and dead flowers added to banquet hall
- Timmy will now block the exit to hell cave until after you have defeated the boss demon
- Timmy’s jacket will now be ripped after demon boss battle scene
- GPS Map updated with latest lakes and rivers
- Dead small birds now float in water
- Fix for duplicating logs in storage triggers
- Knight V improved sheen on pickup
- Enforced max server name length
- Lobby list performance improved in preparation for an upcoming feature
- Improved support for loading into large multiplayer saves and help with structures vanishing
- Rotated the shotgun in the weapon case in inventory so that the mods are visible now that they are on the side
- Added localized display names for Points of Interest notifications
- Player no longer makes a drinking sound when refilling a container with liquid
- 3D Printer will once again update the resin volume readout when the printer is refilled
- If an item instance module fails to deserialize on load, it will no longer stop the rest the of the players inventory from loading
- Renamed bunker locations to be clearer when discovered
- Improved docks draw distance
- Added more tree moss/vines in areas of map
- Improved bunker food lighting
- Bunker luxury details added; More decorative items, vases, and more dead bodies
- Added cooking pot pickup to tech apartment in bunker residential
- Looking around now updates the target cut position when aiming at a log with an axe equipped (before it was only calculated when first targeted)
- It is no longer possible to cut off holes in floors supporting furniture or windows from a wall that is supporting wall structures
- Kelvin will now choose another tree to chop if a tree structure is placed on it
- Kelvin's order will complete with the thumbs up if there are no more Arrows/Bolts, Berries, or Radios to retrieve and drop
- Kelvin will now have berries in his hand when eating them. On fishing will have fish on initial grab
- Added fail-safe protection against enemies falling through world and not deactivating
- Multiplayer clients will now see the proper GPS locator type on Virginia instead of default icon
- Current wetness on characters now replicates to multiplayer clients
- The chainsaw revved state will now be heard and seen by other players and rev will stop when knocked down
- Fixed small birds flying under the water surface when flying over deep lakes
- Fixed a fish bunching up issue
- Can no longer drink lava
- Fixed under lava visuals
- Fixed snow and wetness occlusion volumes used in specific world locations not initializing properly
- Fixed a visual arm pop on player that appeared sometimes when landing from a fall or jump
- Fixed Twins not always turning towards player before taunting
- Fixed fingers stuck in standing idle after burning death
- Fixed projectile impact FX for flesh and hard surfaces not replicating to other players in multiplayer
- Fixed player sometimes being able to interact with other triggers when notepad was open, which could get player into stuck state
- Fixed cannibals not staying snapped to tree edge while shimmying around the tree
- Fixed bug where cannibals could take dismember damage while blocking
- Fixed muddy cannibal getting angry at player if hit by a rock thrown by another muddy
- Fixed some cases of cannibals getting blocked by collision at or above head
- Fixed muddies having standing collision instead of hunched over
- Fixed eating dead squirrels not increasing character fullness stat
- Fixed some cases of far snaps for Sitting and Jumping on Rock
- Fixed the cave shark sometimes being killed by creepies
- Fixed multiplayer client thrown logs not breaking foliage when far away from server player
- Fixed multiplayer client-thrown logs not causing a hit reaction on enemies
- Fixed multiplayer clients not seeing burning effects when dead puffies are thrown onto a fire
- Fixed multiplayer clients unable to put cannibals into the injured limb state and fixed some animation blending and smoothness issues in the injured state
- Fixed Kelvin radios deactivating when moved far from original location, and fixed carry positioning visuals for multiplayer clients
- Kelvin will no longer pickup broken radios
- Fixed Kelvin when moved far away from tree target unable to find another tree to clear automatically
- Kelvin Finish Structure command; Fixed some issues with counting logs needed. If he's holding unused items they will now be dropped on ground
- Fixed a case where Kelvin stood carrying a single log instead of placing it then cutting a tree
- Fixed Kelvin getting stuck if the holder he was filling was removed or destroyed. Now he will drop the item and complete the order
- Fixed Kelvin trying and failing to fill item holders that are far above the ground
- Fixed case where a leaning beam could link a free pillar with a structure on an incompatible placement grid
- Fixed context allowing to place a beam with same support on both ends that isn't an Apex or a Wall
- Fixed detached pillar placement creating degenerate pillar if it fails to find supporting ground, now properly prevents placement if there is no ground bellow (could happen when placing off a cliff for example)
- Fixed one case where quickly sharpening stick posts causes the cut animation to fail for subsequent cuts
- Fixed player getting stuck in carry log animation by rapidly placing and taking a log from the log holder
- Fixed cutting quarters off dynamic logs sometimes hard to target
- Fixed Repair Tool hitbox active while it is equipped
- Fixed some wrong settings for quarter log LODs (rendering performance improvement)
- Fixed Defensive Walls and DW Gates unable to be damaged by player melee hits
- Fixed leaned beams sometimes accepting pillars on top of the bottom end before planks are added
- Fixed cutting Defensive Wall spikes moving player too close which made subsequence cuts harder to aim
- Fixed some localized entries in the configuration menus not showing properly on Windows machines set to Turkish display language
- Cut down trees with axe tutorial should now only trigger the first time
- Battery indicator on the NVGs should no longer disappear after performing certain actions
- Fixed flickering/distortion that could appear for some players in late game saves
- Increased reflection probe atlas to 4096x2048 (should fix issues where reflection probes could break/show wrong probes)
- Burning Puffies should now look correct/not distort
- Fix for 3D Printer not showing the correct initial amount of resin
- 3D Printed Sled can no longer be placed on the crafting mat.
- Improved player audio for other players in multiplayer
- Added some Timmy voice acting to Gold Room cutscene
- Made chainsaw transition to cutting sound faster
- Reduced fade time on intro helicopter crash music
- Made first look guitar sting 3d
- Added beeps to opening helicopter crash
- Improved demon boss audio
- Set some various small objects in bunkers/morgue to have surfaces tagged for impact sounds and get melee impact physics
- Added ragdoll impact sounds to deer and baby
Sons of the Forest Gameplay
Similar to its predecessor, The Forest, Sons of the Forest thrusts players into the role of a protagonist stranded on an island populated by cannibals. In order to survive, players must utilize their skills and resources to construct weapons and structures. However, Sons of the Forest introduces new gameplay elements, including the presence of friendly non-playable characters (NPCs).
One of these NPCs is Kelvin, a companion who is deaf and unable to communicate verbally. Players can interact with Kelvin by providing written commands on a piece of paper, allowing him to assist with various tasks such as gathering crafting materials or setting up fires. This unique dynamic adds an additional layer of strategy and cooperation to the gameplay experience.
Players will also encounter Virginia, a remarkable character with three legs and three arms. Virginia can be equipped with weapons to aid in combat situations, providing players with a valuable ally in their battle against the cannibal inhabitants of the island.One notable improvement in Sons of the Forest is the expanded map size, which is four times larger than that of its predecessor.
This larger and more diverse environment offers players a greater sense of exploration and discovery, as well as new challenges and hidden secrets to uncover. The game features cooperative multiplayer, allowing up to eight players to join forces and survive together. However, for those who prefer a solitary experience, the option to play the game solo is also available.
Furthermore, the choices made by players throughout the game will have consequences and can lead to different endings. This adds a layer of depth and replayability as players navigate the morally ambiguous world of Sons of the Forest, where their actions shape the outcome of their journey. With its immersive gameplay, expanded features, and impactful decision-making, Sons of the Forest offers a thrilling and engaging survival experience for players seeking a challenging and atmospheric adventure on the mysterious island.
Sons Of The Forest Spot
Sons of the Forest features an expansive map filled with abundant resources and scattered enemies. This offers players the freedom to select their own base, allowing for diverse strategic choices. However, this freedom also presents challenges and potential pitfalls, making survival more challenging than necessary.
Having a range of choices when selecting a location to construct your base is advantageous, as it allows for access to different biomes and resources. Below are some recommended spots where you can build an ideal fortress or a cozy safe house, ensuring a secure haven without encountering any significant problems.
Located in close proximity to the VIP bunker, the abandoned houses offer a convenient spot for construction. It is advisable to gather the necessary resources before entering the bunker, even if you possess all the required keycards. Instead of building structures from scratch, opting for these pre-existing houses can save you valuable time and resources.
Simply add fencing around the houses and incorporate any necessary structures. This spot proves particularly useful in the later stages of the game when you frequently travel between bunkers and encounter more formidable cannibals. Look for this area in the upper East section of the map.
The expansive golf course in the North-East section of the map provides ample space for base building. With a vast, flat terrain and an abundance of trees and sticks for building resources, this location is ideal. The best area within the golf course is near the pond close to the dig site leading to Maintenance C.
This specific spot offers a reliable water source and is only a short distance away from the discoverable revolver. Apart from its advantageous weapon find, it also provides a clear vantage point for overseeing your surroundings during patrols.
Situated in the Northwestern section of the map, you'll discover a large body of water with a broken boat along the edge. When viewed from the map, it resembles the profile of Squidward from SpongeBob SquarePants. There are two excellent spots here, each catering to different goals. The first spot offers a picturesque lakeside view, making it easier to keep an eye on Virginia if you aim to build an affinity with her.
It also boasts abundant resources and is situated at a reasonable distance from points of interest. Notable items nearby include a 3D printer to the south and a keycard, crossbow, dress, and shotgun rail to the north.
Lake Center Base:
For increased security and defense against recurring cannibal attacks, consider building your base on the island at the center of the lake. Since cannibals cannot swim, this location provides a safe haven. While it is possible to construct a bridge, utilizing zip lines makes it even more challenging for enemies to reach you.
Additionally, the zip line allows for easy transportation of logs from outside the lake to the center. Keep in mind that during winter, the lake freezes over, rendering the lake defenseless. It is advisable to build a fence as an added precaution. Note that Kelvin will be unable to access this base unless you construct a non-zip line bridge.
Sons of the Forest Update 0.5 patch notes - FAQ
Sons of the Forest is an upcoming survival video game, serving as the sequel to the 2018 game, The Forest, developed by Endnight Games and published by Newnight.
Sons of the Forest is a survival game set in a dangerous forest where players must navigate hostile environments, gather resources, and fight terrifying creatures to survive. It features cooperative multiplayer and introduces new gameplay elements, such as interacting with non-playable characters.
The release date for Sons of the Forest has not been announced yet.
Sons of the Forest promises enhanced graphics, improved gameplay mechanics, and an expanded storyline. It offers a larger map size, cooperative multiplayer, and the ability to make choices that impact the game's outcome.
Yes, Sons of the Forest introduces new characters, including Kelvin, a deaf NPC who can be given written commands, and Virginia, a character with three legs and three arms who can assist in combat.
- Who are Boris Johnson's Parents? Meet Stanley Johnson and Charlotte Johnson Wahl
- Who are David Koch Parents? Meet Fred C. Koch And Mary R. Koch
- Frances Tiafoe Girlfriend 2023, Who is Ayan Broomfield?
- Netflix Error Code c1-u7135: How to Fix Netflix Error Code c1-u7135?
- My Fault Movie Ending Explained, Plot and Trailer
- Diablo 4 Nightmare Dungeons, Where are Nightmare Dungeons Diablo 4?
- Heathens Keep Diablo 4 Location, Where to Find Heathens Keep in Diablo 4?
- Where to Find Gaspar Stilbian in Diablo 4? Gaspar Stilbian Diablo 4 Location
- Yandy Diaz Injury Update, What Happened to Yandy Diaz?
- How to Get Aspect of Explosive Mist in Diablo 4?