Lightscale Trident Tears of the Kingdom, How to Acquire Lightscale Trident?
by Maivizhi A | Updated Jun 04, 2023
Lightscale Trident Tears of the Kingdom
The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom introduces players to a captivating world where they embark on an epic adventure. One of the remarkable aspects of this game is the diverse array of weapons available for players to collect and utilise in their quest. While bows and swords often steal the spotlight, the long-range spears are a weapon class that tends to be overlooked, despite their significant advantages.
In this game, when faced with formidable adversaries and the need to maintain a safe distance, wielding a spear proves to be a wise choice. The long-range capabilities of a spear allow players to strike at their enemies from a distance, reducing the risk of being harmed in close combat situations. This strategic advantage grants players the ability to effectively engage powerful opponents without jeopardising their own safety.
Among the various long-range spears in Tears of the Kingdom, the Zora Spear stands out as a particularly formidable weapon. Not only does it possess an impressively high attack power, but it also exhibits remarkable resistance to water-related elements. This versatility allows players to seamlessly navigate aquatic environments while retaining the ability to engage enemies with lethal precision.
The Zora Spear holds an intriguing feature: its upgradability. Once players acquire the Zora Spear, they have the opportunity to enhance its capabilities and transform it into the illustrious Lightscale Trident. This upgraded version of the weapon solidifies its reputation as one of the most powerful and sought-after weapons in the entire game. With the Lightscale Trident in hand, players possess an instrument of immense power, capable of vanquishing even the most formidable foes that stand in their path.
The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom provides players with a rich assortment of weapons to choose from. While bows and swords may be the more commonly preferred choices, the long-range spears offer a distinct advantage when it comes to maintaining a safe distance from potent adversaries. The Zora Spear, with its exceptional attack power and water resistance, emerges as a versatile option within this weapon class. Its upgradable nature further adds to its allure, leading to the creation of the coveted Lightscale Trident. As players venture through the game's immersive world, the long-range spears become an essential tool for success, enabling them to conquer the challenges that lie ahead.
How to get Lightscale Trident in The Legend of Zelda Tears?
The Lightscale Trident is one of the four Champion Weapons featured in both Breath of the Wild and its sequel, Tears of the Kingdom. These weapons were originally used by the previous Champions and are now wielded by their descendants. However, Link has the opportunity to acquire a copy of these weapons for himself. Here is a step-by-step guide on how players can obtain the Lightscale Trident specifically:
1. Meet with Sidon & Clean Up Zora's Domain:
- Find and talk to Sidon.
- Meet Sidon's fiancée, Yona.
- Locate the King and obtain scales from him.
- Solve the Land of the Sky Fish Riddle.
- Explore the Ancient Zora Waterworks to create a waterfall pathway using the Zora Armor.
- Assist Sidon through the Water Temple.
- Defeat the Mucktorock with Sidon, allowing him to become the Sage of Water.
- Complete the "Sidon of the Zora" Main Story Quest.
2. Talk to Dento Behind the General Shop
- Speak with Dento, the Zora blacksmith who crafted the Lightscale Trident in Breath of the Wild.
- Start the "Glory of the Zora" Side Quest.
- Dento will explain the process of remaking the Trident and the required materials.
3. Gather the Necessary Materials
- Acquire 3 Diamonds.
- Use Sensor+ and search for Ore Deposits and Rare Ore Deposits in Caves and the Eldin Mountains.
- Offer Luminous Stones to Dondons in Bronas Forest and return later to obtain Diamonds.
- Defeat multiple Talus to obtain Diamonds as drops.
- Find specific Shrine Chests and complete Side Quests that offer Diamonds.
- Collect 5 pieces of Flint.
- Break Ore Deposits while searching for Diamonds.
- Obtain a regular or decayed Zora Spear.
- Search chests in Zora's Domain, defeat enemies in the area, or explore enemy camps.
- Visit caves such as Upland Zorana Summit Cave or Ploymus Mountain Cave to find Likes that drop Zora Spears.
4. Craft the Trident & Learn about Replacement:
- Return to Dento with all the required materials.
- Dento will craft the Lightscale Trident.
- Dento explains that only one Trident can exist at a time and the process of replacement if it breaks.
- If the Trident breaks, bring the same materials to Dento to have it remade.
Alternatively, there is a method to repair the Lightscale Trident without breaking and remaking it:
- Find Rock Octorocks in the Eldin Mountains.
- Place a regular damaged weapon or shield on the ground near the Rock Octorok.
- Turn away from the Octorok, and it will suck up the item, repairing it.
- This method is not intended for Variant weapons like the Lightscale Trident, but fusing them with a regular shield allows for repairs.
- To break fused items apart, visit Pelison in Tarrey Town and pay 20 Rupees.
The Lightscale Trident is worth the effort as it possesses the Water Warrior Trait, which doubles its Attack Power while Link is wet. With proper fusion, it can become a powerful weapon. Players can utilise Sidon's Avatar to stay wet and activate the Trident's increased Attack Power. The Lightscale Trident has good durability and proves to be a valuable investment.
The Legend of Zelda Gameplay and Trailer
The Lightscale Trident is a significant item in the game "The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild." It is a Zora spear that holds great historical and emotional value for the Zora people. The trident was crafted by the skilled Zora blacksmith named Dento and was originally wielded by Princess Mipha, the Zora Champion. Tragically, Princess Mipha met her demise during the catastrophic event known as the Great Calamity.
Following her untimely death, the Lightscale Trident became a revered treasure among the Zora and a cherished heirloom of the Zora Royal Family. The Zora people hold it in high regard, honoring Princess Mipha's memory through its veneration. The trident is considered the strongest spear ever crafted by the Zora, symbolizing the legacy and prowess of Princess Mipha.
In the game, the player assumes the role of the protagonist, Link, who embarks on a quest to free the Divine Beast Vah Ruta and restore peace to the land of Hyrule. After successfully accomplishing this feat, King Dorephan, the Zora monarch, rewards Link with the Lightscale Trident as a token of gratitude.
A memorial statue of Princess Mipha in Zora's Domain depicts her holding the Lightscale Trident, further emphasizing its significance. Additionally, there exists a replica of the trident called the Ceremonial Trident, which is used for ceremonial purposes during the Champion Festival. However, the Ceremonial Trident is inferior to the original in terms of strength and durability.
The story behind the Lightscale Trident and its connection to Princess Mipha is deeply intertwined with the Zora people's history and their collective grief over the loss of their beloved princess. The trident serves as a symbol of remembrance and a reminder of Princess Mipha's bravery and sacrifice in the face of calamity.
By bestowing the Lightscale Trident upon Link, King Dorephan expresses his gratitude and trust in the hero's abilities. Link receives not only a powerful weapon but also a tangible connection to Princess Mipha, her legacy, and the responsibility to confront the impending threat of Calamity Ganon.
The Lightscale Trident in "The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild" is a Zora spear originally crafted for Princess Mipha, the Zora Champion. It holds immense sentimental and historical value for the Zora people, symbolizing the legacy of Princess Mipha and her sacrifice. The trident is awarded to Link as a token of appreciation and becomes an integral part of his journey to protect Hyrule.
Lightscale Trident Tears of the Kingdom - FAQs
Spears provide long-range capabilities, allowing players to strike at enemies from a safe distance and reducing the risk of close combat.
The Zora Spear has high attack power and remarkable resistance to water-related elements, making it versatile in aquatic environments while offering lethal precision against enemies.
The Lightscale Trident possesses the Water Warrior Trait, which doubles its Attack Power when Link is wet. This trait can be activated by staying wet, such as with Sidon's Avatar.
The Lightscale Trident was originally wielded by Princess Mipha, the Zora Champion, in the previous game, "Breath of the Wild."
The trident holds great historical and emotional value for the Zora people, symbolizing Princess Mipha's legacy and bravery.