Assist analysts with data preparation, including data quality review, data cleansing, and data transformation
- Work with data formats that range from simple text files to custom archive files or data bases
- Use data visualization methods, including graphics and dashboards
- Organize project data files, document model results and scripts
- Perform statistical analysis as required using in house tools like E3 or JMP.
CANDIDATE PROFILE: Applied Materials India has a data analytics team that performs analysis of the data coming from IC (chip) manufacturing processes. The group is seeking a college intern or recent graduate for a 6 month assignment beginning in January, 2015.
- Students in their final year/semester or recent graduates in either BE/BTech/MTech/MSor equivalent degree from reputed institutes in applied mathematics, physics, electrical/ electronic/computer engineering, or statistics
- Basic knowledge of statistics
- Experience with at least one of the following: Shell Scripting, Python, Perl, Matlab, R, SAS and the like
- Intermediate skills at using MS Office suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Access) and SQL
- Basic knowledge of various Windows/Linux Operating Systems and Virtual Machines
- Working experience on Big Data platforms like Hadoop would be a plus
- Able to communicate in English language
Experience : 0- 1 Year
Salary : Not specified
Job Location : Chennai
Qualification : B.E/B.Tech/M.Tech/M.S
Company Name : Applied Materials
Company Address : NA
Company Profile : Applied Materials, Inc.is a capital equipment producer serving the semiconductor, TFT LCD display, Glass, WEB and solar (crystalline and thin film) manufacturing industries. The company is headquartered in Santa Clara, California in the Silicon Valley.Applied Materials creates and commercializes nano manufacturing technology used in the production of semiconductor (integrated circuit) chips for electronic gear, flat panel displays for computers and television, glass coatings for homes and buildings, web (flexible substrate) coatings for industry and photovoltaic solar cells and modules using both thin film and crystalline (aka wafer or bulk) photovoltaic technology.
|Click here to Apply|
20-01-2017 , 21-01-2017