The Akamai Network Operations Command Center (NOCC) team you will be joining is responsible for the availability of Akamais deployed network. To achieve this goal the NOCC is responsible for: Monitoring Akamais deployed network.
- Investigating service interruptions and determining the root cause.
- Resolving service interruptions either within the NOCC or by escalating to other entities inside or outside of Akamai.
- Managing and tracking events through resolution and maintaining a history of network-impacting issues.
- Providing ongoing maintenance and administration for the deployed network.
- Monitoring 100,000 distributed Linux server network using an internally developed Network management system. (Akamai has largest content delivery network in the world).
- Responding to alerts in timely fashion as per the pre-defined priority levels and SLAs.
- Understanding, analyzing the root cause of an alert and solving it.
- Timely escalation of complex issues to SMEs.
- Working closely with Network partners and resolving non-hardware related problems.
- Create and update internal NOC processes and procedures for better understanding and problem solving.
- Analyze and report on trends regarding issues related to various networks.
- Willingness to work on flexible timings including night shift.
- Mandatorily 2014 Batch with aggregate of 65%
- Knowledge of Internet protocols and tools including BGP, TCP/IP and DNS.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written. Must have the ability to speak to multiple people at varying levels within an organization and of varying technical backgrounds.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to develop, augment and advise on procedures, documentation and tools.
- Coordination and scheduling skills; goal-oriented attitude and demeanor to work through roadblocks, motivate external concerns and bring about project closure.
- Candidate must have the ability to work in an energetic and dynamic environment, with openness to the demands and rewards of a 24×7 workplace.
Experience : 0 yrs.
Salary : Not specified
Job Location : Bangalore
Qualification : BE/B.Tech, B Sc
Company Name : Akamai Technologies
Company Address : NA
Company Profile : Akamai is the leading global service provider for accelerating content and business processes online. Akamai has transformed the Internet from a chaotic network into a predictable, scalable, and secure business platform. Akamai routinely handles 15% of total Internet traffic. The company has created the world’s largest and most widely used on-demand distributed computing platform, with more than 14,000 servers in 1,100 networks in 65+ countries.
|Click Here to Apply|
08-12-2016 , 09-12-2016