This is an opportunity to work in a large scale, global network operations department. Working directly with Akamais product you are involved in every facet of Akamais network operations and get to contribute to Akamais success while being part of a very important team.
About the Team
- The Akamai Network Operations Command Center (NOCC) team you will be joining is responsible for the availability of Akamais deployed network. To achieve this goal the NOCC is responsible for:
- Monitoring Akamais deployed network.
- Investigating service interruptions and determining the root cause.
- Resolving service interruptions either within the NOCC or by escalating to other entities inside or outside of Akamai.
- Managing and tracking events through resolution and maintaining a history of network-impacting issues.
- Providing ongoing maintenance and administration for the deployed network.
- Monitoring 150,000 distributed Linux server network using an internally developed Network management system. (Akamai has largest content delivery network in the world).
- Responding to alerts in timely fashion as per the pre-defined priority levels and SLAs.
- Understanding, analyzing the root cause of an alert and solving it.
- Timely escalation of complex issues to SMEs.
- Working closely with Network partners and resolving non-hardware related problems.
- Create and update internal NOC processes and procedures for better understanding and problem solving.
- Analyze and report on trends regarding issues related to various networks.
- Willingness to work on flexible timings including night shift.
* B.E – 2014 Batch only from CS/IT/ECE/Telecom branch
*Strong communication skills, both verbal and written. Must have the ability to speak to multiple people at varying levels within an organization and of varying technical backgrounds.
*Strong interpersonal skills.
*Ability to develop, augment and advise on procedures, documentation and tools.
*Coordination and scheduling skills; goal-oriented attitude and demeanor to work through roadblocks, motivate external concerns and bring about project closure.
*Candidate must have the ability to work in an energetic and dynamic environment, with openness to the demands and rewards of a 24×7 workplace.
Experience : 0 – 0 yrs
Salary : Not specified
Job Location : Bengaluru
Qualification : B.Tech/B.E/ Any Postgraduate
Company Name : Akamai Technologies
Company Address : NA
Company Profile : Akamai is the leading global service provider for accelerating content and business processes online. Akamai has transformed the Internet from a chaotic network into a predictable, scalable, and secure business platform. Akamai routinely handles 15% of total Internet traffic. The company has created the world’s largest and most widely used on-demand distributed computing platform, with more than 14,000 servers in 1,100 networks in 65+ countries.
1,726 organizations have formed trusted relationships with Akamai, improving revenue and reducing costs by maximizing the performance of their online businesses. Akamai’s customers include 6 of the top 10 companies from the DJIA, 6 of the top 10 agencies on the Keynote Government 40 index, and many Fortune 500 companies. In India, Akamai’s customers include Rediff.com, Sify.com, NDTV, FabMall, Indiatimes, amongst others. The company’s strong partner ecosystem includes IBM and EDS, as well as Web-hosting companies, systems integrators, Web developers, software and hardware vendors, and network providers.
Headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, Akamai’s industry-leading services, matched with world-class customer care, are used by hundreds of today’s most successful enterprises and government agencies around the globe. In India, Akamai’s office is located in Bangalore
|Click here to Apply|
05-12-2016 , 06-12-2016