Monitoring 100,000 distributed Linux server network using an internally developed Network management system. (Akamai has largest content delivery network in the world). Responding to alerts in timely fashion as per the pre-defined priority levels and SLAs.
* Understanding, analyzing the root cause of an alert and solving it.
* Timely escalation of complex issues to SMEs.
* Working closely with Network partners and resolving non-hardware related problems.
* Create and update internal NOC processes and procedures for better understanding and problem solving.
* Analyze and report on trends regarding issues related to various networks.
* Willingness to work on flexible timings including night shift.
* Mandatorily 2014 Batch with aggregate of 65%
* Knowledge of Internet protocols and tools including BGP, TCP/IP and DNS.
* Strong communication skills, both verbal and written. Must have the ability to speak to multiple people at varying levels within an organization and of varying technical backgrounds.
* Strong interpersonal skills.
* Ability to develop, augment and advise on procedures, documentation and tools.
* Coordination and scheduling skills; goal-oriented attitude and demeanor to work through roadblocks, motivate external concerns and bring about project closure.
* Candidate must have the ability to work in an energetic and dynamic environment, with openness to the demands and rewards of a 24×7 workplace.
Experience : 0 yrs
Salary : Not specified
Job Location : Bangalore
Qualification : BE/B.Tech, B Sc
Company Name : Akamai Technologies
Company Address : NA
Company Profile : Akamai is the leading global service provider for accelerating content and business processes online. Akamai has transformed the Internet from a chaotic network into a predictable, scalable, and secure business platform. Akamai routinely handles 15% of total Internet traffic. The company has created the world’s largest and most widely used on-demand distributed computing platform, with more than 14,000 servers in 1,100 networks in 65+ countries.