SACON Recruitment 2019 - Research Personnel, Junior Research Biologist Posts - 20,000 - 25,000 Salary
Last updated: Nov 30,2019 15:07 IST
|Post Name||Research Personnel|
|No of Posts||01 Post|
|Salary||Rs. 20,000/-Per Month|
|Similar Jobs||Tamil Nadu Govt Jobs|
1. Project title: Smooth-coated otter as an ecological indicator of the riparian habitat ecosystem.
2. Duration: Two years; Emoluments: Rs.20,000/- (consolidated) per month;
3. Essential Qualification: i) Masters’ Degree in Wildlife Science/Wildlife Biology/Ecology/Zoology/Life Sciences/Environmental Science/Biodiversity and Conservation and related subjects from a recognized University/Institution with a minimum of 55% marks or above;
4. Desirable Qualification: i) Prior experience in field ecological surveys and habitat assessment in freshwater ecosystems and riparian habitats; ii) Proficiency in English with excellent written and communication skills and ability to write and publish scientific papers; iii) Familiarity with GIS software and statistical analysis; Work Description: i) The selected candidate should undertake extensive field surveys independently in the riparian habitat of Coimbatore Forest Division; ii) identify the signs/tracks of Otter and study its behavior, iii). Assess the water quality and conduct socio-economic surveys.
|Post Name||Junior Research Biologist|
|No of Posts||05 Posts|
|Salary||Rs. 25,000/-Per Month|
|Job Location||Anand, Gandhinagar, Shilong, Idukki|
|Similar Jobs||Gujarat Govt Jobs, Kerala Govt Jobs, Meghalaya Govt Jobs|
1. Project Title: Assessing the Population Status of Synanthropic Bird Species of India, including House Sparrow and House Crow, and Their Response to Urbanization.
Name of the Position: Junior Research Biologist (01 No.); Emoluments: Rs. 25,000 per month +HRA as applicable; Qualification and Experience: Masters’ Degree in Zoology / Wildlife Biology / Wildlife Science / Ecology / Life Sciences / Environmental Sciences from a recognized University with a minimum of 55% marks or above; Desirable Qualification: i) Knowledge in wildlife biology with good skill in data analysis and report writing ii) Proficiency in English and Hindi and iii) Valid driving license for two-wheeler with gear; Description of Work: The selected candidate is expected to assist the Principal Investigator in project activities, particularly with regard to data compilation, analysis, and report writing and may have to undertake bird surveys as per the requirements of the project in different landscapes of the country.
2. Project title “Assessment of status, distribution, and threats to the population of threatened Sarus Crane Antigone antigone in Gujarat.
Name of the position: Junior Research Biologist (01 No); Emoluments: Rs. 25,000 + HRA, per month. Essential Qualification: Master’s Degree in Wildlife Science/Wildlife Biology/ Zoology/ Environmental Science from a recognized University with a minimum of 55% marks or above. Desirable Qualification: i) One year experience after PG Degree in field and or laboratory in ecological / ecotoxicological studies ii) Proficiency in English. Work Description: i) The selected candidate shall undertake extensive field surveys independently across Gujarat ii) Should work in the field that will include survey in forest, urban and agro-ecosystem, iii) collect biological and non-biological samples from different parts of Gujarat iv) process collected samples in the laboratory for estimation of environmental contaminants and v) analyze data and prepare reports.
3. Project title “Assessment of status, distribution, and threats to the population of threatened Sarus Crane Antigone antigone in Uttar Pradesh.
Name of the position : Junior Research Biologist (01 No); Emoluments: Rs. 25,000 + HRA, per month. Essential Qualification: Master’s Degree in Chemistry / Biochemistry from a recognized University with a minimum of 55% marks or above. Desirable Qualificaiton: i) One year experience after PG Degree in handling instruments used in qualifying and quantifying environmental contaminants in different biological and non-biological matrices, ii) Proficiency in English. Work Description: i) The selected candidate shall process and analyze different biological and non-biological samples for environmental contaminants using analytical instruments in the laboratory, ii) collect biological and non-biological samples from different parts of UP and, iii) analyze data and prepare reports.
4. Project title: Characterization of Community Reserves and Assessment of their Conservation Values in Meghalaya
Name of the Position: Junior Research Biologist (01 No); Duration: 15 months; Emoluments: Rs. 25000/- consolidated per month plus HRA; Essential Qualification: Masters’ Degree in Zoology/Wildlife Sciences/ Wildlife Biology/ Forestry/Ecology & Environmental Sciences/ Biodiversity & Conservation /Environmental Sciences/ Life Sciences, related subjects from a recognized University with a minimum of 55% marks or above; Desirable qualification: (i) Knowledge/work experience on faunal taxa especially on birds after PG degree, (ii) should be able to carry out rigorous field work independently and (iii) willingness to work in Meghalaya; Description of Work: The selected candidate is expected to undertake extensive faunal (birds) studies as per the requirements of the project in different community reserves of Meghalaya and assist the Principal Investigator in other project activities.
5. Project title: Ecosystem requirements of hornbills and assess the status and distribution of select mammals in Anjunad and adjoining Landscape, Western Ghats.
Name of the Position: Junior Research Biologist (01 No.); Duration: up to 31.03 2020; Emoluments: Rs. 25,000 per month plus HRA; Essential Qualification: Masters’ Degree in Botany/Plant Science from a recognized University with a minimum of 55% marks or above; Desirable Qualification: i) Skills in plant identification and interests in field botany and conservation science; Description of Work: The selected candidate is expected to carry out fieldwork in the hornbill nesting areas of Munnar Landscape, Kerala and assist the Principal Investigator in project activities.
General Terms and Conditions:
2. The upper age limit may be relaxed up to 5 years in the case of candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC/Women and Physically Challenged category as per Central Government norms.
3. Selected candidate will be engaged initially for a period mentioned against the advertised position. Subsequently his/her tenure may be extended depending upon the exigencies of work at sole discretion of the Centre and satisfactory performance of the candidate.
4. Selected candidate may be allowed hostel accommodation at SACON as per availability. Other allowances and benefits to the research personnel would be admissible as per the rules.
5. The selection of the candidate(s) will be based on the Walk-in interview to be held at SACON, Moongilpallam, Anaikatty, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu on 17.12.2019. Candidates should report to the venue at 09.00 am on the interview day.
6. Canvassing in any form is liable to rejection of the candidature.
7. The Centre will not provide accommodation for candidates appearing for the interview.
8. The application form can be downloaded from the link www.sacon.in
9. The Director, SACON reserves the right to reject any candidature in view of incomplete information provided by the candidate or for any other reason.
How to Apply
1. The application form can be downloaded from the link http://www.sacon.in. Duly filled-in applications along with self-attested true copies of testimonials of educational qualifications, research experience, date of birth, extracurricular activities etc. should be submitted at the interview venue. All original documents in support of qualifications, age etc should be produced at the time of interview for verification.
2. he Salim Ali Centre for Ornithology and Natural History (SACON) is a Centre of Excellence under the Ministry of Environment, Forest & Climate Change, Government of India. SACON wishes to engage Research Personnel (Indian National only) for the following projects through a Walk-in-interview to be held on 17.12.2019.
Advt. No. SACON/RES/RSCHRS-SELECTION, 06/2019
FreshersLIVE.com wishes you best of luck. Keep following our Freshers LIVE web site for latest Fresher Jobs, Government Jobs, Walk-In interviews, Current Affairs, Mock Test and many more. Thank You.To Apply for the job posting from SACON, please click on the Apply Now button below.
Direct Recruitment! POST OFFICE Recruitment 2020: various Postman,Postal Assistant Vacancies - Upto 81,100 Salary
Ministry of Commerce released recruitment Notification PDF for Secretary posts, Up to 2,09,200 Salary
Government Sector related Jobs
Education Wise Govt Job Vacancies 2020
|Education & Vacancies||Salary||Apply Link|
|10th Pass Govt Jobs - 31,617 Vacancies||Rs. 5,200 - 63,200||Apply Now|
|12th Pass Govt Jobs - 49,254 Vacancies||Rs. 5,200 - 92,300||Apply Now|
|Any Graduate Jobs - 50,219 Vacancies||Rs. 5,200 - 92,300||Apply Now|
|Central Govt Jobs||Rs. 5,200 - 92,300||Apply Now|
|ITI Jobs - 23,708 Vacancies||Rs. 5,200 - 29,200||Apply Now|
|Diploma Jobs - 34,004 Vacancies||Rs. 5,200 - 35,000||Apply Now|
|BTech/BE Jobs - 22,900 Vacancies||Rs. 15,000 - 1,00,000||Apply Now|
|Tomorrow Walkins||Rs. 10,000 - 67,700||Apply Now|
Top Trending Jobs
|Top Recruitment 2020||Vacancies Count|
|Central Govt Jobs||80,000+ Vacancies|
|Today Current Affair||Read More|
|RPSC Recruitment||620 Vacancies|
|NABARD Recruitment||154 Vacancies|
|C-DAC Noida Recruitment||143 Vacancies|
|Vizag Steel Recruitment||189 Vacancies|
|NPCIL Recruitment||537 Vacancies|
|MAHAGENCO Recruitment||235 Vacancies|
|ITI Limited Recruitment||129 Vacancies|
|TNEB Recruitment||2400 Vacancies|
|RCF Recruitment||400 Vacancies|
|Department of Telecommunications Recruitment||101 Vacancies|
|NEKRTC Recruitment||1619 Vacancies|
|MPPGCL Recruitment||209 Vacancies|
|OFB Recruitment||6061 Vacancies|
|Revenue Department Recruitment||2169 Vacancies|
|Khadi and Village Industries Commission Recruitment||108 Vacancies|
Jobs by DesignationVIEW ALL
Jobs by EducationVIEW ALL
Jobs by LocationVIEW ALL
Jobs by Location
Jobs by Education