BIT Mesra Announced PhD Programme For B.Sc, B.Tech/B.E, B.Arch, B.Pharma, MCA, M.E/M.Tech, MBA/PGDM, M.Sc, M.Arch Holders Published on 28th November 2017
|Programme Name||PhD Programme|
|Qualification||B.Sc, B.Tech/B.E, B.Arch, B.Pharma, MCA, M.E/M.Tech, MBA/PGDM, M.Sc, M.Arch|
|Salary||Rs. 12,000 - Rs. 18,000/- Per Month|
|Last Date to Apply||08/12/2017|
i. Departments: Architecture, Bio-Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Civil & Environmental Engineering, Computer Science & Engineering, Electrical & Electronics Engineering, Electronics & Communication Engineering, Management, Mathematics, Mechanical Engineering, Pharmaceutical Science & Technology, Physics, Production Engineering, Remote Sensing and Space Engineering & Rocketry.
ii. Minimum Eligibility Criteria:
Candidates with following qualification shall be eligible for admission to the Ph. D. Programme of the Institute:
(a) Candidates possessing M.Tech. / M.E. / M.Sc. (Engg.) / M.Arch / M.Pharm / M.Sc. / MCA / MBA or equivalent Degree in relevant branch from a recognized University / Institute with minimum 60% marks or 6.0 CGPA on a ten point scale in the qualifying examination are eligible to apply for admission in the departments as per their Specialization.
(b) Candidates possessing B.Tech. / B.E./ B.Sc. (Engg.)/ B.Pharm / B.Arch or equivalent Degree in relevant branch from a recognized University/ Institute with minimum 70% or 7.0 CGPA on a ten point scale in the qualifying examination and a valid GATE score with a minimum of 80 percentile are eligible to apply for admission in the departments as per their Specialization.
(c) Candidates possessing B.Tech. / B.E./ B.Sc. (Engg.)/ B.Pharm / B.Arch or equivalent Degree in relevant branch from a recognized University/ Institute with minimum 70% or 7.0 CGPA on a ten point scale in the qualifying examination and employed in R&D organisations and having ten years’ experience with good research credentials are eligible to apply for admission in the departments as per their Specialization.
1. A limited number of Institute fellowship is available for full-time scholars, who otherwise have qualified for admissions. BIT Ph.D. Entrance Test is essential for getting the Institute fellowship. [for details, please see separate link].
a) Only those with superior performance in the Ph.D. Entrance Test shall be eligible for Institute Fellowship with initial amount of Rs. 12,000/- per month for the first year.
b) After satisfactory performance (i.e. clearing all the registered subjects and getting the synopsis approved) in the first year, the Institute fellowship will be enhanced to Rs. 15,000/- (Rs. 14,000/- for Science Departments) per month in second year.
c) Only if a student publishes at least one research paper in SCI journals of repute, then his/her Institute fellowship amount will be enhanced to Rs. 18,000/- per month (Rs. 16,000/- for Science Departments) in the third year.
d) If a student fails to clear all the subjects in maximum two attempts, he/she will be dropped from the programme and he/she will be required to return the total amount of fellowship paid to him/her.
2. Candidates who have qualified in UGC-JRF / CSIR – NET / any other national level test for pursuing Ph.D. would avail the fellowships directly from the respective organizations.
iv. Total No. Vacancy: 442
Important Dates And Address
i. Important Dates:
1. Filling of online form commences from: 8 November 2017
2. Last date to Apply Online: 8 December 2017
3. Last date of receiving of completed filled-in Application Forms at BIT, Mesra: 13 December 2017
4. Display of list of eligible candidates to be called of Written Test and Interview: 22 December 2017
5. DATE OF ENTRANCE TEST: 3 January 2018
6. Interview of the selected candidates: 4 January 2018
7. Interview of the selected candidates: 4 January 2018
8. Declaration of 1st Provisional Selection List on the Institute website / Notice Boards: 6 January 2018
9. Admission by: 12 January 2018
10. Commencement of Classes: 16 January 2018
ii. Address: Dean, Admissions & Academic Coordination, Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra, Ranchi – 835215.
2. Marksheet of Class 12 / Intermediate or equivalent
3. Certificate and marksheets of Graduation
4. Certificate and marksheets of Post Graduation
5. College Leaving Certificate
6. Migration Certificate
7. Candidates with qualifications acquired through correspondence or distance-learning programmes are eligible only if (a) they acquired such qualifications as working professionals / while in employment, (b) the programmes are recognized by the DEC-UGC-AICTE or MHRD, (c) they have passed the qualifying examination at the time of applying, with minimum requisite marks as given in eligibility criteria. They must enclose photocopies of (i) work experience certificate (ii) pass certificate and marksheets of qualifying examination with their application.
8. UGC-JRF / CSIR-NET / Any other national level test for pursuing Ph.D. admit card and Score card (if applicable)
9. Caste certificate / special category certificate (if applicable) in proper format (see below)
10. Payment receipt towards application fee of Rs.2,500/- (General) and Rs.1,500/- (SC/ST) candidates (non-refundable)
11. NOC, Experience Certificate and Facilities available to carry out the research work at their place of working (if applicable) for candidates employed in R&D organizations.
12. One recent colour photograph – [same as uploaded on the form] and attached by clip
13. Photo identification: (Driving license, Passport, PAN Card, Voter ID, Aadhaar Card, Employee Identification Card are acceptable)
How to Apply
2. To apply for the Ph.D. programme (Session Spring 2018), eligible candidates must complete and submit the application online [link available on Institute website www.bitmesra.ac.in]. Pay application fee through State Bank Collect (any nationalized bank) of Rs.2,500/- (General candidates) and Rs.1,500/- (for SC/ST candidates). Fee once remitted shall not be refunded under any circumstances.
3. Send a printout of the completed application form along with required enclosures (see List of Enclosures) in a A4 size envelope by Speedpost / reliable courier (means by which sender may track its movement on internet) to the office of Dean, Admissions & Academic Coordination, Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra, Ranchi – 835215, to reach positively by the due date.
4. Write “Application for Ph.D. Admission (Session Spring 2018) on top of the envelope”.
5. Applications reaching us after the due date are liable to be rejected / may not be processed. 6. Please do not print a blank form and fill it by hand as this will not be accepted.
Government Sector related Jobs
Top Trending Jobs
|Top Recruitment 2019||Vacancies Count|
|Central Govt Jobs||80,000+ Vacancies|
|IOCL Recruitment||64 Vacancies|
|ICF Recruitment||992 Vacancies|
|SBI Recruitment||85 Vacancies|
|NLC Recruitment||180 Vacancies|
|EPFO Recruitment||325 Vacancies|
|LIC Recruitment||8581 Vacancies|
|Narcotics Control Bureau Recruitment||159 Vacancies|
|LIC HFL Recruitment||1 Vacancies|
|Syndicate Bank Recruitment||14 Vacancies|
|Anganwadi Recruitment||833 Vacancies|
|BPCL Recruitment||15 Vacancies|
|BSF Recruitment||1342 Vacancies|
|Indian Navy Recruitment||293 Vacancies|
|NHAI Recruitment||86 Vacancies|
|TNEB Recruitment||5000 Vacancies|
Jobs by DesignationVIEW ALL
Jobs by EducationVIEW ALL
Jobs by Location VIEW ALL
|Job Title||Company Name||Eligibility||Last Date|
|NLC Jobs 2019 - 10 Vacancies||Any Post Graduate, M.Phil/Ph.D - Cuddalore||22/05/2019 SIMILAR JOBS|
USA Education Fair
|IDP USA||Any Graduate||25/05/2019 SIMILAR JOBS|
Senior Resident Doctor
|Indian Railway Jobs 2019 - 4 Vacancies||DNB, MS/MD - Kolkata||30/05/2019 SIMILAR JOBS|
|IOCL Jobs 2019 - 64 Vacancies||ITI - Across India||24/06/2019 SIMILAR JOBS|
New Zealand Education Fair
|IDP New Zealand||Fresh Engineers / Graduates||25/05/2019 SIMILAR JOBS|
|BARC Jobs 2019 - 1 Vacancy||M.Sc - Mumbai||27/05/2019 SIMILAR JOBS|
|GESCOM Jobs 2019 - 1 Vacancy||CS - Gulbarga||27/05/2019 SIMILAR JOBS|
|TATA AIA||Engineers / Graduates||25/05/2019 SIMILAR JOBS|
|Central Bank of India Jobs 2019 - 1 Vacancy||Any Graduate, Any Post Graduate - Debagarh||02/06/2019 SIMILAR JOBS|
Station Master, Goods Guard, More Vacancies
|Northern Railway Jobs 2019 - 749 Vacancies||Any Graduate, B.Sc, Diploma, ITI, 12TH - New Delhi||26/06/2019 SIMILAR JOBS|
|IIBM||Graduate Freshers||25/05/2019 SIMILAR JOBS|
Apprentice Development Officer
|LIC Jobs 2019 - 8,581 Vacancies||Any Graduate - Across India||09/06/2019 SIMILAR JOBS|
Junior Research Fellow
|DRDO Jobs 2019 - 2 Vacancies||B.Tech/B.E, M.E/M.Tech - Bengaluru|Bangalore||09/06/2019 SIMILAR JOBS|
|RVNL Jobs 2019 - 1 Vacancy||CA, MBA/PGDM - New Delhi||24/06/2019 SIMILAR JOBS|
Junior Research Fellow
|DRDO Jobs 2019 - 2 Vacancies||B.Tech/B.E, M.E/M.Tech - Hyderabad|Secunderabad||29/05/2019 SIMILAR JOBS|
|Central Railway Jobs 2019 - 2 Vacancies||Diploma, 12TH - Mumbai||29/05/2019 SIMILAR JOBS|
Senior Protocol Cum Liaison Officer
|Prasar Bharati Jobs 2019 - 1 Vacancy||Any Graduate, Any Post Graduate - New Delhi||16/06/2019 SIMILAR JOBS|
Assistant Horticulture Officer
|OPSC Jobs 2019 - 63 Vacancies||B.Sc - Cuttack||27/06/2019 SIMILAR JOBS|
Constable, Sub Inspector/Junior Engineer, More Vacancies
|BSF Jobs 2019 - 211 Vacancies||Diploma, 10TH - New Delhi||24/06/2019 SIMILAR JOBS|
|Indian Army Jobs 2019 - 1 Vacancy||10TH - Darjiling||09/06/2019 SIMILAR JOBS|