Himachal Pradesh Gramin Bank (HGB) came into existence on 23 December 1976, under the provisions of Section 3 of the Regional Rural Banks Act, 1976 (No. 21 of 1976) with its Head Office at Mandi (H.P.). The Bank is sponsored by Punjab National Bank. The Bank is incorporated as a Scheduled Bank in Schedule ? II of Reserve Bank of India Act, 1934 and is authorized to affect banking transactions as permitted under section 5(b) of Banking Regulations Act, 1949. Presently, Bank is functioning with a network of 188 branches in twelve districts, namely, Mandi, Kangra, Kullu, Hamirpur, Bilaspur, Una, Shimla, Solan, Sirmour, Kinnaur, Lahul -Spiti and Chamba . There are two Regional Offices, one at Dharamsala at Dari and other at Sunder Nagar at Mandi.