Ph.D. eligibility test (PET) 2017
For admission to Ph.D. Programme in Polymer Science & Technology
UNIVERSITY OF CALCUTTA
Applications are invited for admission to the Ph.D. programme in Polymer Science & Technology. Candidates willing to pursue research work leading to the Ph.D. (Tech.) degree in Polymer Science & Technology, University of Calcutta, should apply in the prescribed format attached herewith and submit to the HOD office of the Department of Polymer Science & Technology, 92, A.P.C. Road, Kolkata-700009 by 25th August, 2017. The candidate has to pay Rs. 100/- (in cash only) through a challan available from the University Cash Counter at the College Street Campus (main campus), CU or Rajabazar science college campus and the challan has to be forwarded by the HOD before submission of the fee. A photocopy of the challan of PET examination fee deposited by the candidate must be attached with the application form.
Interested candidates (including those working in various projects under departmental faculties but yet to register for Ph.D.) having degree in Bachelor of Technology (subject to provision of 4.4 of Ph.D. regulation) or Engineering (any stream) or Master of Science (any stream) without NET/GATE/M.Phil. are invited to appear for a written examination of PET. Candidates having degree in Master of Science with NET/GATE/M.Phil or candidates having degree in Master of Engineering or Technology need not sit for the written test of PET and they may directly appear for the interview of the PET. Percentage at the Master’s level should be at least 55% marks. Successful candidates (in written test and/or interview of PET) will be eligible to register for their Ph.D. in the Department of Polymer Science and Technology.
Examination Venue: 2nd year B.Tech. class room of the department ( in 2nd floor of Applied chemistry building), 92, A.P.C. Road, Kolkata-700009 (Known as Rajabazar Science College)
Vacancy: Total no of seats- 06
- No TA/DA shall be paid to the candidates appearing in written test or subsequent interview of PET.
- Research interest and area of work of individual faculties may be seen from the departmental website (www.caluniv.ac.in).
- The reservation of SC/ST/OBC etc. will be applicable as per the rules of West Bengal higher education institutions (reservation in admission) rules, 2013.
- Last Date of Submission of Application 25.08.2017
- Publication of list of candidates eligible for written test (after 3 pm) will be published in website (www.caluniv.ac.in) 28.08.2017
- Date of PET written examination (2 p.m.) 31.08.2017
- Publication of list of candidates qualified in written test and selected for interview (after 3 pm) will be published in website (www.caluniv.ac.in) 11.09.2017
- Date of Interview for candidates declared successful in written examination and candidates applied with eligibility tests like NET/GATE/M.Phil or equivalent examinations (12 pm) 15.09.2017
- Assured 3 Lakhs Job at HDFC LIFE – Apply Now
- One Year Distance MBA for Just Rs.29,999
- TATA AIA LIFE Young Pioneers Programme – Assured Salary 2.8 Lakh Per Annum – APPLY NOW