Applications are invited from Unmarried Mechanical Engineers for admission to Graduate Marine Engineers (GME) Course at SCI’s Maritime Training Institute at Powai, Mumbai, commencing from 1st October 2017.
JOB PROSPECTS: After completion of 8 months shore training as GME and 10 months structured shipboard training as TME, candidates can appear for MEO CLASS-IV PART “B” examination after obtaining MEO CLASS-IV PART “A” exemption certificates from D.G. Shipping. On completion of satisfactory performance of training period and reporting to SCI with MEO Class-IV, Part-B certificate of competency (COC), SCI may employ these candidates on ships owned, manned or operated by SCI as per INSA MUI Agreement if vacancies are available. Also, candidates will be required to furnish an indemnity bond to SCI for agreeing to serve on SCI vessels for a period of 5 years after obtaining the MEO CLASS IV PART B certificate of competency. In the event of breach of Indemnity, candidate shall be liable to pay Rs. 3.00 Lakhs towards the expenses incurred on the skill development. After obtaining necessary sea experience and higher certificates of competence the candidate can rise to the rank of Chief Engineer officer on the ship.
ELIGIBILITY: Degree in Mechanical Engineering (B.E /B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering) from AICTE Approved Engineering College. Equivalent degree or degree with specialization or electives other than above educational qualification is not acceptable. Final year / semester students who have appeared and expect their results by date 31.08.2017 are also eligible to apply. Candidates must be in possession of valid Engineering degree certificate /Provisional degree certificate/Marks Sheet with minimum 50% marks in final year of Engineering at the time of interview. However, candidates should have secured at least 50% marks in English language at Xth or XIIth class.
AGE LIMIT: Maximum 28 years as on 1st October 2017 (Date of commencement of training). Candidates belonging to UR/OBC category must be born on or after 01.10.1989. Age relaxations of 5 years applicable to SC/ST candidates as per existing Govt. directives. Candidate belonging to SC/ST category must be born on or after 01.10.1984. Age relaxation of two years for women candidates applicable.
NO. OF SEATS: 40 (Unreserved (UR)-20, Other Backward Caste (OBC)-11, Schedule Caste (SC)- 06, & Schedule Tribes (ST)-03)
COURSE FEES: The fees for training are Rs. 4, 50,000 (Rs. Four lakhs fifty Thousand only) for both male and female candidates. Candidate will pay fees to the Maritime Training Institute (MTI), Powai. Fees once paid are not refundable at any stage either in full or part. Consolidated stipend of Rs. 15000/- per month will be paid to candidates for structured shipboard training. No stipend will be paid to candidates during shore based training.
MEDICAL STANDARD: Candidate must have good health and be fit for sea service as per existing MS Medical rules 2000/MLC 2006 applicable to seafarers. Note: Medical fitness check will be done through SCI empanelled DG approved Doctors and No waiver will be given for the above standard. Candidates not meeting the above standard should not apply. Medical examination fees shall be borne by the candidates. SELECTION CRITERIA: Eligible candidates will be required to appear in the All India on line test at their own expenses and only candidates qualifying in the on line test will be called for Personal Interview in the ratio of 1:3. (3 candidates called against 1 vacancy) keeping the provision of reservation for SC/ST/OBC. The Shipping Corporation of India Ltd. reserves the right to shortlist the candidates for on line test also.
APPLICATION FEES: Rs.1000/- for General (UR) and OBC candidates and Rs.500/- for SC & ST candidates, excluding NEFT bank charges. • Before filling application form on-line candidates must Deposit the application fees. National Electronic Funds Transfer (NEFT) and obtain UTR number or by Online banking and obtain transaction number from respective bank immediately after fees deposited.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Applications will be accepted online only from 24.07.2017 to 23.08.2017. Candidates have to log on to http://www.shipindia.com/careers/fleetpersonnel.aspx for the important instructions for filling the online application. Eligible candidates have to apply online only. It is mandatory that the candidates should have a valid e-mail id and mobile number while applying in order to facilitate faster communication.
- All future communications and correspondence will be through emails and our official website only. Before filling application on-line, candidates must deposit application fees to the above mentioned SCI Ltd, bank account and obtain NEFT UTR/BANK TRANSACTION NUMBER. The application fee can be paid by any bank.
- Detailed instructions for filling the application form will be given under the “General Instructions”. Candidates should read all instructions before filling application form carefully. Before applying, candidates should ensure that they fulfil all the eligibility criteria and norms mentioned in this advertisement.
- Upon saving the on-line application with registration number, candidate has to download the printout of application form. Candidates are required to put his/her signature in the place and send the same application form along with bank transaction receipt. Candidates are advised to keep one copy each of application form and bank transaction receipt with him/her. This copy will be required to submit before interview during documents verification, if selected in on line examination.
- The application form with bank transaction receipt must be sent by OrdinaryPost/Courier/Speed-Post/Registered-Post (No Hand delivery will be accepted) to the following address super scribing the envelope as: “Application for GRADUATE MARINE ENGINEER” F. To prevent postal delay and/ or loss kindly ensure that the application is sent only to the address given above before due date and time.
- For Applications received after due date/time and other than by Ordinary-Post/Courier/Speed-Post/RegisteredPost. Any delay at Candidates or at Post Office end, The Shipping Corporation of India Ltd. will NOT be responsible. and addressed to: Vice President I/C, Flee Personnel Dept. Third Floor. The Shipping Corporation Of India Ltd, Shipping House, 245, Madame Cama Road, Nariman point, Mumbai-400 021, Maharashtra, India, on or before 04.08.2017 by 17:00hrs. Filling of multiple applications will result in cancellation of all applications.
- Date of commencement of On-line application on website: 24th July 2017 from 10:00 hrs.
- Last date of submission of the on-line application by the candidates: 23rd August 2017 up to 17:00 hrs
- Last date for receipt of the hard copy of the application sheet: 25th August 2017 up to 17:00hrs
- Date of on-line examination 09th September (Saturday) 2017 11:00 hrs