On 21/07/2017, RBI announced recruitment notification to hire candidates who completed Ph.D for the position of Research Position.
Reserve Bank of India RBI recruitment 2017 proposes to receive the application from applicants in Online Mode. Eligible candidates can submit their application to Reserve Bank of India RBI before 11/08/2017. All those aspiring to apply can check out various information like eligibility criteria, salary, Total vacancy, Selection Procedure, Job description, last date, Application procedure and other key information required for the post below. Kindly go through all the below details before submitting your application Online. We wish all the very best to all candidates applying through Fresherslive.
|Vacancy Name||PhDs in Grade ‘B’ for Research Positions|
|Salary||Rs.81,628/- per month|
|Last Date To Apply||11/08/2017|
Eligibility Criteria: a) Age (as on 01/07/2017): The applicant should be below 34 years of age. (For relaxation in upper age, please refer to Para 3 I below). Educational Qualifications (to be completed as on July 01, 2017): Ph.D. in areas of Economics or Finance from reputed universities (Indian or Foreign) is the minimum required educational qualification. The Bank will also look at those with interest and expertise in related areas in econometrics, computational and theoretical economics. High quality research potential and communication skills of international standards are essential.
Job Profile: Specific areas of our research interest include Monetary economics, ebanking and financial institutions, central banking, corporate finance, financial markets, financial regulation, financial stability, household finance, liquidity, payment systems and related areas of macro finance such as real‐financial sector linkages and international economics and finance. Candidates will be expected to do policy oriented research to assist in RBI’s economic policy formulation. Candidates should have the ability, background, and motivation to conduct quality research independently and also help develop a vibrant research environment. Candidates will also be expected to conduct high quality original research directed at the top economics and finance journals.
Pay scale: Selected Candidates will draw a basic pay of Rs.43,900/- p.m. (four advance increments to candidates in the basic pay) in the scale of Rs.35150-1750(9)-50900-EB-1750(2)-54400-2000(4)-62400 applicable to Officers in Grade ‘B’. They will also be eligible for Dearness Allowance, Local Compensatory Allowance, House Rent Allowance, Special Allowance, and Grade Allowance as per rules in
force from time to time. At present, initial monthly Gross emoluments are approximately Rs.81,628/-
- Selection will be through interview only. A preliminary screening of the applications will be carried out for making, if necessary, a short-list of eligible candidates to be called for the interview/s. Preliminary interview of short listed candidates will be carried out by the Screening Committee. If required, candidates will further be short listed for second interview. Final selection will be made in the second round of interview.
- Note: For candidates possessing very high academic or professional qualification / experience of significant value to the Bank, the Bank may, at its sole discretion, consider granting up to four advance increments. The Board, at its sole discretion, may consider requests for higher emoluments on account of higher qualification/special experience of value to the Bank at the interview stage only. The number of maximum increments will be four. The Board/Bank will not entertain any request received after the interview.
- Staff Candidates: All the full time employees of the Bank can also apply for the position provided they fulfill the eligibility criteria.
How To Apply?
- Candidates are required to apply only online using the website www.rbi.org.in. No other means / mode of application will be accepted. Instructions for filling up online applications are available at Appendix –I which is available on the Bank’s website www.rbi.org.in.
- The applicants are advised to submit only single application; however, if due to any unavoidable situation, if he/she submits another/multiple applications, then he/she must ensure that application with the higher Registration ID (RID) is complete in all respects like applicants’ details, examination centre, photograph, signature, fee etc. The applicants who are submitting multiple applications should note that only the last completed applications with higher RID shall be entertained by the Board and fee paid against one RID shall not be adjusted against any other RID.
- All candidates, whether already in Government Service, Government owned industrial undertakings or other similar organisations or in private employment should submit their applications direct to the Board. Persons already in Government Service, whether in a permanent or temporary capacity or as work charged employees other than casual or daily rated employees or those serving under the Public Enterprises are however, required to submit an undertaking in the Online application that they have informed in writing to their Head of Office/Department that they have applied for the Examination. Candidates should note that in case a communication is received from their employer by the Board withholding permission to the candidates applying for/appearing at the examination, their application will be liable to be rejected/candidature will be liable to be cancelled.
- At the time of joining, the recommended candidates will ave to bring proper discharge certificates from their PSU/Government/Quasi – Government employer. LAST DATE OF RECEIPT OF APPLICATIONS: The Online Applications can be filled up to August 11, 2017 till 12:00 midnight.
- Board does not assume any responsibility for the candidates not being able to submit their applications within the last date on account of or for any other reason beyond the control of the Board. b. Any canvassing by or on behalf of the candidates or to bring political or other outside influence with regard to their selection/recruitment shall be considered as disqualification.
- In all matters regarding eligibility, conduct of interviews, assessment, prescribing minimum qualifying standards in interview, in relation to number of vacancies and communication of result, the Board’s decision shall be final and binding on the candidates and no correspondence shall be entertained in this regard.
- The eligibility for availing reservation against the vacancies reserved for the physically disabled persons shall be the same as prescribed in “The Persons with Disability (Equal Opportunities, Protection of Rights and Full Participation) Act, 1995.” Provided further that the physically disabled candidates shall also be required to meet special eligibility criteria in terms of physical requirements/functional classification (abilities/disabilities) consistent with requirements prescribed.
APPLICATION FEE AND INTIMATION CHARGES:
- SC/ST/PWD Intimation Charges only Rs.100/-
- GEN/OBC Application fee including intimation charges Rs.600/-
- [email protected] Nil Nil
- Note I: Applications without the prescribed Fee / Intimation Charges shall be summarily rejected.
- Note II: Fee once paid shall not be refunded under any circumstances nor can the fee be held in reserve for any other examination or selection.
- Note III: Fee / Intimation Charges are required to be paid only in the manner prescribed in this advertisement.
- Website Link Open – For On-Line Registration of Applications and Payment of Fees/Intimation Charges – July 24, 2017 to Aug 11, 2017
- Last date for receipt of online Applications with prescribed fee – Aug 11, 2017
Address For The Job: RESERVE BANK OF INDIA SERVICES BOARD, MUMBAI.
Last Date to Apply: 11/08/2017