On 12/08/2017, OBC announced recruitment notification to hire candidates who completed LLB, LLM for the position of Empanelment Advocates.
Oriental Bank of Commerce OBC recruitment 2017 proposes to receive the application from applicants in Offline Mode. Eligible candidates can submit their application to Oriental Bank of Commerce OBC before 25/08/2017. All those aspiring to apply can check out various information like eligibility criteria, salary, Total vacancy, Selection Procedure, Job description, last date, Application procedure and other key information required for the post below. Kindly go through all the below details before submitting your application Offline. We wish all the very best to all candidates applying through Fresherslive.
|Vacancy Name||Empanelment Advocates|
|Salary||Rs.20,000 – 45,000/- Per Month|
|Job Location||Delhi, Ghaziabad, Noida, Bulandshahar|
|Last Date To Apply||25/08/2017|
The size of the panel and number of Advocates in panel shall be determined by the Competent Authority from time to time based on the requirement and quantum of work.The volume of work shall be assessed on the basis of the pending cases in the preceding year and the fresh cases likely to be added in the succeeding year.
The advocate shall not necessarily be empanelled for specific court and shall accept the work assigned to him and shall not refuse to accept any work without reasonable cause.
Refusal by any advocate to accept any work otherwise than on grounds of conflict of interest shall be grounds of removal of such advocate from Bank’s panel. Similarly, no advocate as long as he/she is on Bank’s panel shall contest any matter against the Bank.
Period of Empanelment: The advocates shall be empanelled only for a period of three years which shall be subject to annual review. This shall also be applicable for the advocates who are already empanelled and the advocates who have completed their tenure shall be taken out of the panel, unless empanelled afresh. After the end of three years, empanelment of an advocate shall come to an end and no new cases will be assigned to the advocate. The advocate however, subject to fulfillment of norms can apply afresh for empanelment as and when Bank calls for application as per the prescribed procedure and his/her candidature/ application shall be considered on its merits and the advocate can be empanelled afresh for such fresh period and it shall be treated as a fresh empanelment. In case of legal retainers who perform dual role i.e., as a legal retainer and as a panel advocate, their empanelment as a panel advocate shall be on the aforesaid lines. However, the retainership will be for one year, renewable on year to year basis with maximum period of five years at a stretch.
MAINTENANCE OF PANEL AND NUMBER OF ADVOCATES: The maximum number of advocates at each District / Tehsil Headquarter shall be need based. In Metropolitan cities where there are more districts within a shorter radius, the panel shall be maintained district court wise. There shall be no overlapping of advocates. i.e., advocate on one panel at a particular district shall not be kept on the panel of other district/place.
JUNIOR PANEL: The junior level advocate shall be empanelled for Civil Courts / Title Search / Securitisation Act / Consumer Forum/ Central Government Industrial Tribunal / Complaint under Sec. 138 of Negotiable Instruments Act (if amount involved is less than ` 10 lac) etc. The junior panel of advocate shall consist of advocates from amongst the energetic and promising members of the bar preferably with excellent academic background as well. The advocate to be empanelled under this category shall have a minimum 5 years of standing practice at the Bar or is ex banker having length of service or retired executive of reputed PSU having experience as enumerated hereunder and shall have attended different types of matters before the Courts / Forums / Tribunals. The advocate shall have expertise in most of the following fields: Documentation, title search, Banking laws. Recovery litigation before Courts and Securitisation Act. District Consumer Forum Criminal Complaints, Complaints u/s 138 N.I. Act. Labour Cases / CGIT
SENIOR PANEL : The senior level advocate shall be empanelled for High Court / State Commission / DRT / DRAT / National Commission / Supreme Court / NCLT/ Criminal Complaint including complaint under Section 138 of Negotiable Instruments Act (if amount involved is ` 10 lac & above) etc. The senior panel advocates shall have very high eminence, reputation and standing at the bar and not necessarily having the designation of senior advocate granted by the court. The advocates to be empanelled under this category shall have a minimum 10 years of standing practice at the Bar or is ex banker having length of service or retired executive of reputed PSU having experience as enumerated hereunder and shall have attended different types of matters before the Courts/Forums/Tribunals. The advocate shall have expertise in most of the following fields: Documentation, title search, Banking laws. Recovery litigation before Courts, including DRT / DRAT and Securitisation Act. Consumer Matters, Competition and related economic legislation matters
EXPLANATORY NOTE: Fee is to be paid in two equal installments. One at the time of filing of W.P./ Counter affidavit by the advocate and the balance after disposal of the case and on submission of certified copy of the final order. The competent authority shall negotiate the fee with the advocate on case to case basis and try to fix the same at minimum level. If the writ is not admitted, then only one installment of fee shall be payable. For any interim application / petition filed by the Bank, an additional fee upto ` 3,000/- can be considered depending upon the nature, complexity,
FEE FOR VARIOUS APPLICATIONS UNDER THE COMPANIES ACT: The fee for various applications moved under the Companies Act shall range between ` 5,000/- & `10,000/- in High Courts located in major cities as well as in other cities. Fee is to be paid in two equal installments i.e. first at the time of filing of appropriate application/ objection by the advocate and the balance after disposal of the case and on submission of certified copy of the final order to the bank.
- Interested and eligible candidates can apply before 25/08/2017.
- Selection Will be Based on either Written Exam/Interview by the Oriental Bank of Commerce OBC norms or decision.
How To Apply?
- The Bank’s counsels shall send a detailed report of the proceedings immediately on conclusion of proceedings preferably on e mail and invariably in hard copies to both the Branch and the concerned controlling office hereafter.
- The advocates shall also make timely updates (on the same day) on any system/portal/app which may be deployed by the Bank for this purpose. Login IDs/Passwords for the same shall be provided by the Bank.
- The bills of miscellaneous expenses above ` 1000/- submitted by the advocates on account of typing, Photostat etc. shall be passed on submission of original bills/receipts/boarding pass/tickets etc. by the competent authority.
- All miscellaneous Legal expenses shall be paid by competent authority on submission of bills, receipts, cash memos duly verified by the officer attending the court proceedings. The proper record shall be maintained by the advocate of all legal expenditure incurred for each case.
- The Advocates should not use Bank’s name, logo, symbol etc. in their letter head, sign board, name plates, rubber stamps, etc; such as ‘Legal advisor to Oriental Bank of Commerce’/ ‘Advocate for Oriental Bank of Commerce’, etc.
- In case the name of the advocate is approved for inclusion on Bank’s panel, letter on the lines of Annexure C shall be sent to the advocate which shall have to be accepted by the advocate to be empanelled and having cases assigned to him/her.
COPIES OF DOCUMENTS TO BE SUBMITTED BY THE ADVOCATE WHILE SUBMITTING BIO DATA
- High School Certificate in support of age.
- Registration with Bar Council.
- Identity Card issued by Bar Association / Bar Council.
- Letter of empanelment with other bank /Govt. organizations.
- Certificates in support of educational qualifications.
- Annual income-tax return filed with the Tax Authorities
Address For The Job: Delhi State – CLUSTER HEAD, RRL CLUSTER, ORIENTAL BANK OF COMMERCE, 8/1 , Abdul Aziz Road, W.E.A Karol Bagh ew Delhi 110005 E-mail : email@example.com
Ghaziabad: CLUSTER HEAD, RRL CLUSTER, ORIENTAL BANK OF COMMERCE, K J -13, Kavi Nagar Ghaziabad. Pin- 121001
Noida – CLUSTER HEAD, RRL CLUSTER, ORIENTAL BANK OF COMMERCE, Shop No. 12 Ist Floor GAMMA Shopping Centre, Sector GAMMA Ist Greater Noida Pin: 201308 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Bulandshahar – CLUSTER HEAD, RRL CLUSTER, ORIENTAL BANK OF COMMERCE, 550, Motibagh Civil Lines BulandShahar Pin: 203001 E-mail : email@example.com
Last Date to Apply: 25/08/2017