On 02/07/2017, OBC announced job notification to hire candidates who completed LLB, LLM for the position of Empanelment Advocates.
Oriental Bank of Commerce OBC jobs 2017 proposes to receive the application from applicants in Offline Mode. Eligible candidates can submit their application to Oriental Bank of Commerce OBC before 31/8/2017. All those aspiring to apply can check out various information like eligibility criteria, salary, Total vacancy, Selection Procedure, Job description, last date, Application procedure and other key information required for the post below. Kindly go through all the below details before submitting your application Offline. We wish all the very best to all candidates applying through Fresherslive.
|Vacancy Name||Empanelment Advocates|
|Job Location||Uttar Pradesh, Rajasthan|
|Last Date To Apply||31/8/2017|
The size of the panel and number of Advocates in panel shall be determined by the Competent Authority from time to time based on the requirement and quantum of work.The volume of work shall be assessed on the basis of the pending cases in the preceding year and the fresh cases likely to be added in the succeeding year.
The advocate shall not necessarily be empanelled for specific court and shall accept the work assigned to him and shall not refuse to accept any work without reasonable cause.
Refusal by any advocate to accept any work otherwise than on grounds of conflict of interest shall be grounds of removal of such advocate from Bank’s panel. Similarly, no advocate as long as he/she is on Bank’s panel shall contest any matter against the Bank.
Period of Empanelment: The advocates shall be empanelled only for a period of three years which shall be subject to annual review. This shall also be applicable for the advocates who are already empanelled and the advocates who have completed their tenure shall be taken out of the panel, unless empanelled afresh. After the end of three years, empanelment of an advocate shall come to an end and no new cases will be assigned to the advocate. The advocate however, subject to fulfillment of norms can apply afresh for empanelment as and when Bank calls for application as per the prescribed procedure and his/her candidature/ application shall be considered on its merits and the advocate can be empanelled afresh for such fresh period and it shall be treated as a fresh empanelment. In case of legal retainers who perform dual role i.e., as a legal retainer and as a panel advocate, their empanelment as a panel advocate shall be on the aforesaid lines. However, the retainership will be for one year, renewable on year to year basis with maximum period of five years at a stretch.
MAINTENANCE OF PANEL AND NUMBER OF ADVOCATES: The maximum number of advocates at each District / Tehsil Headquarter shall be need based. In Metropolitan cities where there are more districts within a shorter radius, the panel shall be maintained district court wise. There shall be no overlapping of advocates. i.e., advocate on one panel at a particular district shall not be kept on the panel of other district/place. Every CMO shall have a Senior Panel and Junior Panel of advocates
JUNIOR PANEL: The junior level advocate shall be empanelled for Civil Courts / Title Search / Securitization Act / Consumer Forum/ Central Government Industrial Tribunal / Complaint under Sec. 138 of Negotiable Instruments Act (if amount involved is less than ` 10 lac) etc. The junior panel of advocate shall consist of advocates from amongst the energetic and promising members of the bar preferably with excellent academic background as well. The advocate to be empanelled under this category shall have a minimum 5 years of standing practice at the Bar or is ex banker having length of service or retired executive of reputed PSU having experience as enumerated hereunder and shall have attended different types of matters before the Courts / Forums / Tribunals. The advocate shall have expertise in most of the following fields: Documentation, title search, Banking laws. Recovery litigation before Courts and Securitization Act. District Consumer Forum Criminal Complaints, Complaints u/s 138 N.I. Act. Labour Cases / CGIT
|SANT KABIR NAGAR||2|
|SANT RAVIDAS NAGAR||2|
- Interested and eligible candidates can apply before 31/8/2017.
- Selection Will be Based either Written Exam/Interview by the Oriental Bank of Commerce OBC norms or decision.
How To Apply?
- Oriental Bank of Commerce invites applications from Advocates within the meaning of Advocates Act, 1961 enrolled with the respective State Bar Council, having requisite qualification and experience in Banking Laws, DRT & DRAT matters/NCLT/ High Court, State Commission, matters pertaining to SARFAESI Act, 2002, Corporate Laws, Service Matters, Litigation matters before different Courts, Civil, Consumer and Criminal matters, N.I. Act, Arbitration proceedings, Recovery Suits, property search reports etc. for Senior/Junior panel of Advocates for Bank’s branches/offices coming within the jurisdiction of CMORRL, Agra comprising of 20 Districts of Uttar Pradesh. Advocates already on our Bank’s panel and desirous of continuing on Bank’s panel are also required to apply afresh. No. of advocates to be empanelled are approximately 12 Advocates for DRT Lucknow and 78 for other places.
- For detailed terms & conditions, please visit Bank’s web site www.obcindia.co.in
- Last date of receiving application by the Bank is 31.08.2017 before 5:00 p.m.
Address For The Job: ORIENTAL BANK OF COMMERCE, Corporate Office Plot No. 5, Institutional Area , Sector – 32 Gurgaon – 122001
Last Date to Apply: 31/8/2017