SCHOLARSHIP SCHEME II ― FOR 2500 DIFFERENTLY ABLED STUDENTS
Number of Scholarships:
To start with every year 2500 scholarships will be provided to the differently-abled students throughout the country. 30% scholarships will be reserved for girls, which will be transferable to male students in case of non-availability of female candidates.
These scholarships will be available for studies in India, for all differently-abled students who are covered under the Persons with Disabilities (Equal Opportunity, Protection of Rights and Full Participation) Act, 1995 and the National Trust for the Welfare of Persons with Autism, Cerebral Palsy, Mental Retardation and Multiple Disabilities Act, 1999. Only Indian Nationals will be eligible for scholarships.
Rate of Scholarship and other benefits under the scheme:
The following benefits will be available under the scheme:- (i) Non-refundable fees shall be fully awarded in case of Government/Government-aided institution. In case of private Institutes the reimbursement would be restricted to similar courses in Government/Government-aided institutions.
Allowance Details Refer Official Notification
Conditions for Scholarship:
- Financial assistance will be given to pursue degree and/or post graduate level technical and professional courses from a recognized institution. Maintenance, book/stationary allowance and grant for purchase of assistive devices will be credited to the student’s account. Non-refundable fees shall be reimbursed to the student on production of proof of deposit of fees or will be paid directly to the Institute under intimation to the student
- .Financial assistance will be given to pursue degree and/or post graduate level technical and professional courses from a recognized institution. Maintenance, book/stationary allowance and grant for purchase of assistive devices will be credited to the student’s account. Non-refundable fees shall be reimbursed to the student on production of proof of deposit of fees or will be paid directly to the Institute under intimation to the student.ii) Scholarship will be awarded for only one course at a time.
- Students who get admission to a college to pursue technical/professional courses, on the basis of a competitive examination will be eligible for the scholarship without any consideration of percentage of marks at higher secondary/graduation level.
- Students who get admission in technical/professional courses without facing any competitive examination will also be eligible for scholarship. However, such students should have not less than 50% marks at higher secondary/graduation level. Selection of these students will be done strictly on merit basis.In case of female students should have not less than 45% marks at highersecondary/graduation level.
- Students who pursue their education through correspondence would also be eligible for the scholarship.
- Continuation of the scholarship in subsequent years will be subject to successful completion of the course during the preceding year. However, grace period shall be admissible for Girl Students and Students failing in category C-4 is of two years and for all other categories is for one year w.e.f. the academic year 2014-15.
- A candidate who is awarded scholarship for one course, after its completion will be eligible for another course too. However, the awardees will not be eligible for a similar or equivalent course.
- A scholarship holder under this Scheme will not avail any other scholarship/stipend for pursuing the course.
- The annual income of the beneficiary/parent or guardian of beneficiary should not exceed Rs. 3.00 lakh from all sources. However, preference shall be given to economically weaker students.
Procedure for application
- Application in enclosed prescribed format shall be submitted at any time during an academic year to the assigned agency. An advance copy of the application should also be submitted on line. Each applicant shall be given a registration number on receipt of the application. The screening committee shall examine these applications quarterly and the scholarship amount will be disbursed.
- Renewal of the scholarship is in next year subject to successful completion of the course in the previous year. However, grace period shall be admissible for Girl Students and Students failing in category C-4 is of two years and for all other categories is for one year w.e.f. the academic year 2014-15
- Along with the application the following enclosures will have to be furnished: Academic record – attested copies of relevant certificates/mark sheets for the qualifying examination.ii) Proof of annual income – Proof of income shall include last salary slip of parent/guardian, acknowledgement of income tax/income certificate e from revenue official/gazetted officer/public representative e.g. MP, MLA, MLC, Panchayat officials etc.;iii) Attested copy of Disability certificate;iv) Course fee receipt if any, duly paid during the academic session;v) Receipt/Invoice of eligible assistive devices duly countersigned by the authorized signatory of the institution;vi) Attested copy of Aadhar Cardvii) In case of continuation of scholarship in a succeeding year, a copy of the mark sheet of the preceding year.
Processing of applications
The procedure for processing of applications will be outsourced to a reputed agency
- The procedure for processing of applications will be outsourced to a reputed agency;
- All the applications will be processed in a time bound manner;
- The applications scrutinized by the authorized agency shall be placed before a screening committee periodically for final award of scholarships;
- Income certificate is to be submitted by the student only once i.e. at the time of sanction of scholarship,
Rejection of Applications in the following conditions
- Applications received after the last date i.e 30.06.2018;
- Incomplete in any respect;
- Not accompanied by copies of the required documents;
- Any fresh paper / enclosures submitted after closing date, shall not be considered;
- Assured 3 Lakhs Job at HDFC LIFE – Apply Now
- One Year Distance MBA for Just Rs.29,999
- TATA AIA LIFE Young Pioneers Programme – Assured Salary 2.8 Lakh Per Annum – APPLY NOW