On 01/08/2017, Jammu University announced job notification to hire candidates who completed Masters Degree, Ph.D, BE/ B.Tech, ME/ M.Tech for the position of Lecturer/ Teaching Assistant.
Jammu University jobs 2017 proposes to receive the application from applicants in Offline Mode. Eligible candidates can submit their application to Jammu University before 18/08/2017. All those aspiring to apply can check out various information like eligibility criteria, salary, Total vacancy, Selection Procedure, Job description, last date, Application procedure and other key information required for the post below. Kindly go through all the below details before submitting your application Online. We wish all the very best to all candidates applying through Fresherslive.
|Vacancy Name||Lecturer/ Teaching Assistant|
|Qualification||Any Masters Degree, M.Phil/Ph.d, B.E/B.Tech, M.E/M.Tech|
|Salary||Rs.20,000-25,000/- per Month|
|Last Date To Apply||18/08/2017|
Subject & No. of Posts:
- Engineering Math – 01
- Engineering Physics – 02
- Engineering Chemistry – 01
- Communication Skills – 01
- Engineering Mech. – 01
- Engineering Graphics – 01
- Machine Drawing – 01
Qualification: For Lecturer Engineering Math, Engineering Physics, Engineering Chemistry, Communication Skills:
- Good academic record as defined by the concerned university with at least 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) at the Master’s Degree level in a relevant subject from an Indian University, or an equivalent degree from an accredited foreign university.
- NET/SET shall remain the minimum eligibility condition for recruitment and appointment of Lecturers in Universities/Colleges/Institutions.
- Provided, however, that candidates, who are or have been awarded Ph.D. degree in compliance of the University Grants Commission (Minimum Standards and Procedure for Award of Ph.D. Degree) Regulations, 2009, shall be exempted from the requirement of the minimum eligibility condition of NET/SET for recruitment and appointment of Assistant Professor or equivalent positions in Universities/Colleges/ Institutions.
- However, candidates seeking exemption from NET/SLET/SET are required to produce a bona-fide certificate from the concerned University(s) to the effect that the said candidate has been awarded PhD. Degree in conformity with the UGC Regulations i.e. all the conditions laid down in University Grants Commission (minimum standards and procedure for Award of PhD. Degree) Regulations, 2009 are fulfilled by them at the time of submitting their PhD, thesis).
- In case the eligible candidates possessing NET/SET/Ph.D. are not available, the candidates having Master’s degree with 55% may also be considered as Teaching Assistants (60% for Management discipline). Their salary shall be as per University norms.
FOR ENGINEERING MECHANICAL, ENGINEERING GRPAHICS & MACHINE DRAWING:
- BE/B.Tech & ME/M.Tech. in relevant branch with 1st class or equivalent either in BE/B.Tech or ME/M.Tech.
- Rs. 25000/- per month (consolidated) for NET/SET/SLET/Ph.D. candidates/Retired Teachers.
- Rs. 20000/- per month (consolidated) for Master’s Degree Holders
Age Limit: age of 63 years as on 01.01.2017
- Besides the prescribed qualification mentioned above, the criteria for selection of candidates for the post of Lecturers is indicated below: –
- Academic Record and Research Performance (50%)
- Assessment of Domain Knowledge and Teaching Skills (30%)
- Interview performance (20%).
How To Apply?
- Applications are invited on the prescribed form from the eligible candidates including retired Teachers, who have not attained the age of 63 years as on 01.01.2017 for the engagement as Lecturer/Teaching Assistant in General/Engineering subjects in the University Institute of Engineering and Technology (UIET) at Janglote, Kathua, University of Jammu on contract basis as an academic temporary arrangement on a consolidated salary as per University norms in the following subjects so as to reach the Office of the Coordinator, UIET, Faculty House (Opposite DDE Building), University of Jammu Campus on or before 18th August, 2017
- A candidate will be selected only if he/she is able to score at least 50% marks in each category mentioned above separately.
- For interview of the above posts, applicants are advised to contact the Dean Academic Affairs/Coordinator, UIET by 28.08.2017. No separate intimation for interview will be sent to the applicants.
- The number of vacancies may increase/decrease. The prescribed application form, qualification and other details shall also be available in the University website www.jammuuniversity.in w.e.f. 2nd August, 2017.
Address For The Job: Office of the Coordinator, UIET, Faculty House (Opposite DDE Building), University of Jammu Campus
Reference Number: No.Adm/TW/C&R/17/844
Last Date to Apply: 18/08/2017