On 31/07/2017, Indian Navy announced recruitment notification to hire candidates who completed BE/B.Tech for the position of Short Service Commission Officer.
Indian Navy recruitment 2017 proposes to receive the application from applicants in Online Mode. Eligible candidates can submit their application to Indian Navy before 25/08/2017. All those aspiring to apply can check out various information like eligibility criteria, salary, Total vacancy, Selection Procedure, Job description, last date, Application procedure and other key information required for the post below. Kindly go through all the below details before submitting your application Online. We wish all the very best to all candidates applying through Fresherslive.
|Vacancy Name||Short Service Commission Officer|
|Salary||Rs.56100-212400/- Per Month|
|Last Date To Apply||25/08/2017|
General Service/ Hydrography Cadre: BE/B.Tech (Any Discipline)
NAIC: (i) Electrical (ii) Electrical & Electronics (iii) Electronics (iv) Applied Electronics & Instrumentation (v) Electronics &Communication (vi) Electronics & Tele Communication (vii) Electronics & Instrumentation (viii) Instrumentation (ix)Instrumentation & Control (x) Micro-electronics (xi)Mechanical (xii) Control (xiii) Industrial Production (xiv)Industrial (xv) Production (xvi) Aero Space (xvii) Metallurgy(xviii) Metallurgical (xix) Chemical (xx) Material Science(xxi) Computer Science (xxii) Information Technology (xxiii)Computer (xxiv) Computer Application
Engineering Branch (General Service): (i) Mechanical (ii) Marine (iii) Instrumentation (iv)Production (v) Aeronautical (vi) ) Industrial Engineering &Management (vii) Control Engg (viii) Aero Space (ix)Automobiles (x) Metallurgy (xi) Mechatronics (xii)Instrumentation & Control
Electrical Branch (General Service): (i) Electrical (ii) Electronics (iii) Tele Communication (iv) Electronics& Communication (v) Power Engineering (vi) Control System Engineering (vii) Power Electronics (viii) Avionics (ix) Electronics & Instrumentation (x) Instrumentation & Control
Naval Architecture: (i) Mechanical (ii) Civil (iii) Aeronautical (iv) Aero Space (v)Metallurgy (vi) Naval Architecture (vii) Ocean Engineering (viii) Marine Engineering(ix) Ship Technology (x) Ship Building (xi) Ship Design
Age Limit: Born between 02 Jul 1993 & 01 Jan 1999 (both dates inclusive).
Privileges: Navy provides free medical facilities for self & dependents, LTC, Canteen Facilities,
Mess/Club/Sports facilities, Furnished Govt. Accommodation, Car/Housing Loan at subsidised rates.
Group Insurance & Gratuity: Insurance cover of Rs. 75 lakhs for Executive(GS/X/Hydro/NAIC) and Tech (GS/NA) (on contribution). Gratuity will be granted to the officer as per the latest rules in force.
Leave Entitlements: On Commission, officers are entitled to 60 days annual leave and 20 days casual leave. Leave during training period will be as per the Training Policy in force. Rail concession for self and dependents as applicable.
Sports & Adventure: The Navy provides facilities to pursue various sports. One can also learn and participate in adventure sports, such as river rafting, mountaineering, hot air ballooning, hand gliding, windsurfing etc.
Executive Branch (General Service/Hydro): SSC in Executive (General Service/Hydro) will be granted for initial period of 12 years extendable by two years to 14 years, subject to Service requirement, performance and willingness of candidates. SSC in Executive (Hydro) is granted for a term of 14 years. Officers joining under these schemes would not be eligible for grant of permanent commission subsequently.
Technical Branch (General Service/Naval Architecture): Short Service Commission in these branches will be granted initially for a term of 12 years, extendable by two years to 14 years subject to service requirement, performance and willingness of candidates.
Duties of Officer: Please visit website www.joinindiannavy.gov.in for information on duties of officers for respective Branches/Cadre.
- IHQ of MoD reserves the right to shortlist applications and to fix cut off/ based on percentage of marks obtained in BE/B.Tech without assigning any reason. No communication will be entertained on this account. SSB interviews for shortlisted candidates will be scheduled at Bangalore/Bhopal/Coimbatore/Visakhapatnam during Nov 17 – Mar 18. Selected candidates will be informed about their selection for SSB interview on their e-mail or through SMS (provided by candidates in their application form).
- SSB interview will be conducted in two Stages. Stage I test consisting of Intelligence Test, Picture Perception and Discussion test will be conducted on the first day of arrival at SSB. Candidates who fail to qualify in Stage I will be routed back on the same day. Stage II tests comprising of Psychological testing, Group testing and Interview will last for 04 days. Successful candidates will thereafter undergo Medical Examination (approx duration 03-05 days).
- Candidates recommended by the SSB and declared medically fit will be appointed for training as per all India merit of SSB marks depending on the number of vacancies.
- Change of SSB Centre for interview is not permissible under any circumstance.
- Any correspondence regarding change of SSB dates be addressed to the call up officer of the SSB on receipt of call up letter. Candidates are to download the call up letter on receiving intimation from IHQ MoD (N) at SMS/email (provided by candidate in their application).
- No compensation will be paid in respect of any injury sustained as a result of tests during SSB interviews.
- AC 3 tier rail fare is admissible for the SSB interview, if appearing for the first time for that type of commission. Candidates will carry photocopy of the first page of pass book or cheque leaf where the name, A/C No. & IFSC details are mentioned, while appearing for SSB.
How To Apply?
- Candidates are to register and fill application on e recruitment website www.joinindiannavy.gov.in. The candidates are to apply from 05 Aug 17 to 25 Aug 17.
- Online (e-application). Whilst filling up the e-application, it is advisable to keep the relevant documents readily available to enable the following:-
- Correct filling up of personal particulars. Details are to be filled up as given in the Matriculation Certificate.
- Fields such as e-mail address, mobile number are mandatory fields and need to be filled.
- All relevant documents (preferably in original) (marks sheets upto 5th & 7th semester for regular and integrated courses respectively, date of birth proof (as per 10th & 12th certificate), CGPA conversion formula for BE/B.Tech) and a recent passport size colour photograph should be scanned in original JPG/FITT format, respectively for attaching the same while filling up the application.
- If any scanned document is not legible/readable for any reason the application will be rejected. Candidates are to take print out of application and carry it while appearing for SSB interview.
- Candidates will be inducted as officers in the rank of Sub Lieutenant. Their training is scheduled to commence in Jun 2018 at Indian Naval Academy, Ezhimala. Officer of Tech (GS) & NA/NAIC will undergo 22 Weeks Naval Orientation Course and Officer of Executive GS(X)/Hydro will undergo 44 Weeks Naval orientation Course at the Naval Academy, Ezhimala followed by professional training in Naval Ships and Training Establishments. Full pay & allowances are admissible to officers whilst under training.
- Probation period for NAIC Officers is three years and for GS(X)/Hydro/SSC (Tech)/SSC (NA), it is two years which will commence from the date of grant of the rank of Sub Lt and will terminate after three years in respect of NAIC and two years for S(X)/Hydro/SSC (Tech)/SSC (NA) or on completion of initial training (whichever is later)). During probation they are liable to be discharged if their performance is unsatisfactory.
- Only unmarried candidates are eligible for training. Any candidate who is found to be married or marries while under training will be discharged and shall be liable to refund full pay & allowances drawn by him and other expenditure incurred on the candidate by the Government.
- If the officer voluntarily withdraws from initial training or resigns during the probationary period, he shall be required to refund the cost of training in whole or in part, as may be determined by Govt.& all money received by him as pay & allowances from the Govt. together with the interest on the said money calculated at the rate inforce for govt loans.
Address For The Job: Indian Naval Academy (INA) Ezhimala, Kerala
Last Date to Apply: 25/08/2017